- Over 15 years professional experience in new business development, strategic planning, pricing, sales, and project management across Asia, Europe, and Latin America.
- Strong cross-cultural communication and negotiation skills developed via leading and participating in business dealings with prospects and business partners in UK, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, India, Australia and other Asian markets.
- Fluent in English and Hindi.
- Track record in developing and executing against strategy, leading multi-national, multi-location teams, and solving for large complex issues and projects.
- Singapore passport, right to work in India, Holder of Hong Kong Permanent ID.
- Strong leadership quotient and a will to win. Thought through, but quick decision maker and good at collaboration.
Member of the India Leadership Network; a volunter body aimed at providing thought leadership for issues impacting the less privlaged in India.
Member of Prakriti, a NGO supporting the green cause in India.
Budding photographer and like all things technology!
May 2007 - Present
Vice President, Sales Strategy & Development
Responsible for developing merchant acquisition (sales) strategy, launching & providing sales capabilities, and training to the Merchant Sales organization across the multiple markets in Asia / Europe and Latin America.
- Increased proprietary sales force by 100% to drive 160% higher sales year-on-year. Invested in highest ROI channels, re-engineered strategies for expanding sales channels across 21 priority markets.
- Negotiated 10 contracts within 5 months with large regional data providers (telcos / yellow pages / industry data specialist) to develop prospect pipeline.
- Launched prospect management capabilities across the international markets to manage multi billion-dollar sales pipeline such as salesforce.com to further enhance prospecting and increasing sales productivity.
- Led re-engineering of legacy systems delivering $0.4 million in saves in 2009.Developed and introduced state-of-the-art sales portal across 21 international markets; increasing productivity by 15%.
- Improved leadership / sales skills for teams by launching training modules such as “profiles for success”, and sales negotiation skill builder.
- Redefined organization structure and launched a multi lingual pre-sales unit in Kuala Lampur to qualify prospects feeding in to the sales pipeline.
- Managed and led cross functional, multi location team across Argentina, US, UK, Singapore and Australia to deliver high profile Salesforce.com project in record 4 months.
Jan 2004 - Apr 2007
Vice President, Greater China
Head, Hong Kong and Taiwan; member Regional Executive Team, MSi, J/APA. Managed a team of nearly 40 professionals across two countries. Full P&L responsibility, including sales, marketing, client management, technologies and planning. Key achievements:
- Increased billings by 23% to over $3 billion, highest since 2001. Business expected to grow to over $4 billion by 2007. Revenues of $9 million, with nearly 18% year-on-year growth, highest in the region (ex India).
- Grew PTI by 88% (Hong Kong), highest in the region.
- Formulated strategy leading to delivery of highest Top 30 hold-out signings in 2005 and 2006. Signed 16 and 18 new large distribution partnerships in 2005 and 2006 respectively, significantly increasing market share.
- Delivered $118 million New Booked Business in 2006. 30% higher than 2006.
- Mentored and developed team, leading to two team members being awarded the Presidents Club Award in 2006 and one the highest Leadership Award, for delivering best results in three constituencies including shareholders, employees and customers.
- Completed negotiations with China Union Pay (CUP) to expand merchant coverage / distribution for card usage in China.
- Won the 2006 AmEx ‘Leadership Award’: Awarded for demonstrating sustained, improved results and leadership in managing the E-Asia market over a period of three years.
Apr 2000 - Dec 2003
Director, Business Planning & Development, J/APA
Responsible for business planning, new industry penetration, managing the office of the regional Head of GNES, and developing new revenue streams for the ES business.
- Manage AMEX’s premium merchant discount rate – the company’s largest revenue stream generating approximately $540 million annually in Asia. Introduced new revenue streams generating $4 million in incremental revenue.
- Devised business plans and strategies for the growth of the merchant and card business across Asia Pacific markets.
- Responsible for building and standardizing the incentive plans for sales and client management teams across all markets in Asia.
- Developed new industry penetration strategy leading to signing of multi-billion partnerships in new industries, including Australia and Singapore Pharmaceutical, and New Zealand Utilities.
- Led re-engineering efforts for ES. Re-designed organization and re-deployed 45 headcount to key ‘need’ areas. Projected savings worth $1 million.
- Deliver quarterly communications to 450 employee base, corporate head-quarters, and external customers / associations.
- Developed regional “Innovation Award” to encourage out-of-the-box thinking.
Aug 1997 - Mar 2000
Manager, Business Planning, J/APA
- Winner 1998 AmEx ‘Excellence Award’. Awarded for delivering best in class MIS solution for the newly formed regional business center.
- Winner 1999 AmEx ‘Chairman’s Award for Quality’. Awarded for contributions aimed at improving merchant servicing levels.
Aug 1994 - Aug 1997
Jan 1993 - Aug 1994
Controller, Finance and Admistration, Hong Kong
Pearl Global Limited
- Led the general administration, finance and accounting function of the Hong Kong office. Managed external vendor relations including banks, and statutory auditors.
- Prepared monthly/quarterly and year-end financial reports in compliance with Hong Kong law.
- Managed a team of three, reporting to the Controller in London with dotted line responsibility to the Country Manager.
Jul 1989 - Dec 1992
Assistant Manager, Audit, India
DELOITTE HASKINS + SELLS, Chartered Accountants
- Led audit assignments for a wide client base including multi-nationals financial services companies.
- Prepared statutory audit, mid-year and tax audit reports in compliance with Indian Company’s act, tax regulations and foreign exchange control regulations