Electronic Marketing Manager
Provided leadership and implementation of all online marketing initiatives, effectively doubling the number of qualified applicants to the university within a few months of initial employment. Created marketing plans and branding initiatives for a non-profit university competing in a for profit environment. Participated in strategic planning and implemented strategically-aligned interactive marketing initiatives using paid search, organic search, email marketing, affiliate marketing, display advertising, and more.
- Directed all web-based lead generation efforts to meet challenging enrollment goals in a difficult marketplace.
- Trained and managed electronic marketing staff on the best methods of developing organic and paid search initiatives.
- Managed paid search initiatives in Google, Yahoo! and MSN. Increased lead flow from paid search by over one-thousand percent and decreased the cost per lead by over fifty-percent.
- Administered all organic search initiatives. Including optimizing PR campaigns, RSS feed implementation, link building strategies, adjusting title tags, and optimizing keyword content.
- Oversaw agency managed affiliate lead generation improving conversion rates by over two-percent.
- Managed monthly email campaigns in addition to specialized campaigns. Implemented the process of white listing the email servers and improved email deliverability rates.
- Oversaw agency managed print campaigns, improving the message, appearance and distribution.
- Implemented the use of web analytics to make targeted adjustments to the website to improve lead conversion rates.
- Developed a cost effective niche targeted banner campaign opening new opportunities for lead generation for Western Governors University.
- Managed the redevelopment of the university website including design, development and testing.
- Managed the development of a national advertising campaign, including creative development and the placement of television ads, bulletin, display and cinema.