To provide high quality work performed with integrity.
Motivated, quality focused professional with proven ability to successfully implement practice management software in a variety of medical practices. Highly analytical thinker skilled at combining big picture vision with detailed planning to produce optimal results.
- Business Analysis
- Process Improvement
- Project Management
- Team Leadership
- Verbal and Written Presentations
- Management and Associate Training
- Training Materials
- Client Support and Satisfaction
Roden Electrical Supply Company
Marketing Director. Jan 1995 - Sep 1996
Automation Sales Specialist. Mar 1994 - Jan 1995
Morrison Molded Fiberglass
Project Engineer. Jan 1992 - Sep 1993
May 2010 - Present
Director of Implementation Services
- Provide leadership to the Insight team
- Plan, schedule and manage Insight implementations (primarily Nextgen® EPM)
- Coordinate with the CBO and Operations teams to facilitate Insight project planning and implementations.
- Manage daily operations of the EDI staff
- Serve as primary contact for the Central Billing Office regarding NextGen®
Feb 2010 - May 2010
- Implementing Nextgen® Enterprise Practice Management (EPM) softwarefor ambulatory surgery centers and central billing office.
Sep 2008 - Nov 2009
- Led Enterprise Practice Management (EPM) implementation of Nextgen® software in physician practices.
- Conducted site visits to determine unique characteristics and needs of each practice. Identified IT and equipment needs, conducted progress meetings, communicated status and updates of project through a variety of mediums.
- Managed 'Go Lives' providing on-site guidance and support to practice staff, management and physicians.
- Set up background tables of new practices in multi-practice enterprise including locations, CPT and ICD-9 libraries, payer and provider tables, master lists, scheduling administration.
- Acted as primary System Administrator for 2 Enterprises totaling approximately 900 users. Included adding new users, creating new groups and altering group rights.
- Conducted training sessions for all new practice implementations, all newly hired staff and outside partners.
- Ensured system configuration and procedures were HIPAA compliant.
- Analyzed existing system set up and recommended improvements.
- Addressed questions/issues related to the EPM system, both front office and billing.
- Created training materials, newsletters and other communications.
Dec 2007 - Sep 2008
St Thomas Health Services
- Managed all aspects of Nextgen® software implementation project for two multi-specialty, multiple location clinics.
- Led teams consisting of value added reseller, hospital system IT, executive management, practice managers, physicians and other staff.
- Developed and distributed documentation of meetings, action items and timelines.
- Participated in HIPAA assessment. Wrote policies and procedures regarding system access, audits and more to maintain HIPAA compliance.
- Initiated implementation of email encryption and established interim procedures for secure email communication with outside partners.
- Ensured appropriate cost allocation between practices and departments.
- Assisted with training of over 100 employees for initial implementations.
Jan 2007 - Dec 2007
- Managed Physician Recruitment/Income Guarantee Program.
- Communicated with practice administrators, physicians, attorneys, auditors and various internal departments regarding all aspects of the program.
- Organized, streamlined and standardized program procedures. Analyzed monthly financials for all contracts.
- Instituted process to include accrued interest on yearly 1099s.
- Acted as Interim Practice Manager for an urgent care//work comp clinic.
- Organized accounts payable for clinic. Trained staff on administrative procedures.
- Initiated IT connectivity between clinic and main hospital network.
- Worked with physician to re-organize staff reporting structure and transition management of practice.
Jan 2004 - Dec 2006
- Ran and managed all aspects of sole proprietor business including marketing, promotions, web design, sales, accounting, and product creation.
- Coordinated with Interior Designers and other clients on product design, schedule and pricing.
- Managed multi-client production schedule to deliver products on time, on budget and to spec.
- Published articles in industry magazine.
Jan 2002 - Dec 2003
Assistant to the CIO
- Developed and implemented department processes that reduced errors and increased efficiency in areas including maintaining HIPAA contracts, accounts payable, employee reviews, new hires, contract hires.
- Developed and implemented filing and tracking system for contracts and invoices resulting in 100% accountability.
- Co-lead company-wide intranet team. Chose content management software vendor, developed and maintained IT department content, trained staff on software.
Oct 1996 - Oct 1998
- Won District Rep of the Year Award, 1997.
- Launched two new, line extension products in 1997. Products ranked number 7/414 and 26/414 by end of year.
- Developed and implemented marketing plans to increase awareness and market share of promoted products with primary care physicians and specialists.
- Planned, promoted and executed physician educational events, using allocated budget appropriately.
- Developed and conducted computer training for reps in district.
Practice Management software implementation
Bachelor of Science
Multiple academic honor societies. President Tau Alpha Pi National Honor Society GPA:3.86/4.0.