Aeronautical Engineer Apprentice
Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd., Bangalore, IND
6 Months in Low Speed Wind Tunnel Dept.
- Initiates and assists in formulating and evaluating in wind tunnel test programs, and prepares reports and test results for various aircraft models.
- Formulated test set-up, model preparations and calibration of wind wind tunnel test section and its instruments.
- Participated in activities of design and fabrication of the wind tunnel aircraft models.
- Participated in generation and analysis of aerodynamic test data as per the matrix given by the customer.
6 Months in Helicopter Maintenance & Documentation Dept.
- Performed functional checks (i.e: rigging, leveling) using support and test equipment in accordance with the appropriate safety precautions, technical orders, diagrams and schematics.
- Participation in aircraft Pre & Post Flight Inspections, overhauling, ground-running and other aircraft maintenance activities.
- Knowledge of Borescope Inspection, Metals Tech, Avionics, Propulsion systems and depot level maintenance to include: engine & its accessories installation (TM 333 2B2), Gear Boxes (MGB, TGB, IGB), Rotor Blades removal and installation on Dhruv (ALH) Helicopter.
- Cleaned fuel tanks, landing gears, and inspected them for: foreign objects, corrosion, cracked manifolds and cell deterioration.
- Associated with logistics works( Procuring, Provisioning & Warehousing) and maintaining Log Cards for Dhruv (ALH) Helicopter.
- Consulted manufacturers' manuals for specifications and to determine feasibility of repair or replacement according to malfunction.