During my time at the Kathleen Muth Literacy center, located at Chapman University I was responsible for assessing the reading and writing abilities of my student. After completing my student's formal assessments, I would create and implement a customized weekly lesson plan to improve my students literacy needs. together we completed directed lessons in fluency, word study, vocabulary, reading comprehension, writing stamina as well as strategies for forming written arguments and creative writing endeavors.
through this program I became proficient in administering the:
-San Diego Quick assesment
- Informal Reading Inventory ( we used the DRA)
- Yop Singer phonemic awareness assessment
- Taking and assessing weekly running records
- Qualitative Spelling Inventories and how to develop lessons for the results.
- metacognitive writing surveys
and assessing stregnths and weaknesses in a students writing sample.