Independent entertainment professional with over 35 years of experience as an actor, puppeteer, director and teacher. My ongoing activities include: • Teaching a class in and directing performances of the advanced improvisation class at College of the Canyons; • Directing selected episodes of the Emmy-nominated PBS series "Sid the Science Kid"; • Performing monthly in the improv show "Puppet Up - Uncensored" to sold out audiences at the Avalon in Hollywood; • Pursuing on-camera and on-stage acting opportunities. Interested in academic opportunities; directing assignments.
Feb 2008 - Present
- Directed episodes of the Emmy-nominated PBS program Sid the Science Kid
- Delivered half-hour episodes while working with engineers, designers, production personnel and business stake holders
- Edited scripts
- Ensured that the look and feel of the show exceeded audience and stake holder expectations
Aug 2007 - Present
- Directed and hosted the school’s advanced improvisational performance group, which rehearsed in the evenings and performed on the weekends
- Built up improv program, doubling the number of sections of basic improv class and successfully moving many of those students into the performance class
- Built audiences for the campus performing group, which played to standing-room-only crowds and served as a recruitment tool for the improv classes and the theatre department in general
- Executed all departmental duties and responsibilities, including professional development
- Fulfilled all classroom obligations, such as syllabus creation and grade reporting
- Assured that professional and academic standards were maintained.
1990 - Present
Longtime lead puppeteer with the world-renowned Jim Henson Company. Performed lead characters in TV series such as "Dinosaurs" and movies such as "Dr. Dolittle."
- Performed in numerous television and film projects with the Muppets, as well as non-Muppet productions for film, television, the Internet and live appearances
- Original member of the improvisational performance group, Puppet Up! - Uncensored, which performed at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, the Melbourne International Comedy Festival, the Improv in West Hollywood, and, currently, at the Avalon Hollywood
- One of perhaps two dozen people worldwide with extensive experience performing computer-generated characters in real-time, using advanced puppetry and motion-capture technology
- One of only a half-dozen people with experience both performing and directing with such technology
- Developed and wrote the user manual for the Jim Henson Company’s Academy-Award-winning performance system
Jan 1973 - Present
I am an independent performing arts professional, with extensive experience as an actor, puppeteer and director. See my full resume at nowcasting.com/allantrautman or at allantrautman.com.
- Performed in over 165 television episodes as a series regular on two different series
- Performed in numerous other professional theatre, film, television and commercial projects
- Nominated for two prime-time Emmy Awards for Individual Performance in a Music, Variety or Comedy Show
- Member, Actors Equity Association, SAG, AFTRA
Apr 2001 - Jul 2001
Amblin Entertainment; Columbia Pictures
"MEN IN BLACK II"
Sep 1996 - Mar 1998
The Jim Henson Company
Sep 1995 - Mar 1998
Puppeteer; series regular
Touchstone Television; Warner Bros. Television
"UNHAPPILY EVER AFTER" Lead puppeteer for character of Mr. Floppy.
Mar 1997 - Jun 1997
Lead puppeteer; performance coordinator
20th Century Fox
"DR. DOLITTLE" Functioning essentially as director of puppetry for the animatronic creatures, I coordinated rehearsals, assigned puppeteers, oversaw programming of the characters' lip-sync, and worked with the director to achieve the shots she desired. I was the lead puppeteer for the characters of Lucky the dog, the tiger, one of the rats, one of the pigeons.
Apr 1996 - Aug 1996
Amblin Entertainment & Columbia Pictures
"MEN IN BLACK"
Feb 1994 - Jun 1994
Puppeteer; character lead
Kennedy Miller Productions & Universal Pictures
'BABE" I was the sole American puppeteer on this Australian production. I was the lead performer for the characters of Ferdinand the duck, Rex the dog (voiced by Hugo Weaving) and Duchess, the Hoggett's spoiled cat. I also assisted with various sheep and mice.
Nov 1991 - Mar 1993
The Jim Henson Company & Walt Disney Television
"DINOSAURS" Animatronic performance puppeteer for the lead character of Fran Sinclair, as well as puppeteer for numerous other characters.
Apr 1984 - Sep 1984
Tarman in "RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD"