Modern Learning Environment (MLE) training
- Professional development with Mary Chamberlain to support and implement the modern learning environment style classroom.
- Training in and introduction of Bill Claxton's 4 Rs (Resourcefulness, Reflectiveness, Reciprocity, Resilience).
Primary Beginning Teacher Programme University of Auckland – Kohia Education Centre, Epsom
Each programme is supported at every session by an experienced teacher who is available to assist with the induction and mentoring of beginning teachers.
Sessions are led by facilitators who have expertise in their field and include:
- getting started in the classroom
- keeping records of professional learning
- working towards registration
- various other curriculum and management topics.
Teaching for Intelligent Mindsets - Learning Network NZ
A full day professional development conference which included speakers Dr.Carol Dweck on 'Mindsets', Professor Guy Claxton on 'Teaching Intelligence and Building Learning Power' and Auckland Guest Speaker Jamie Fitzgerald on 'Inspiring Performance'.
Bikes in Schools - Auckland Transportation
Participated in professional development to ensure that teachers have the skills to effectively deliver cycle skills training in PE sessions and feel confident in utilising the bikes at Te Huruhi school.
Waiheke Adult Learning Beginner Te Reo Maori
Currently enrolled in a weekly language learning Te Reo evening class.
Modern Learning Environment (MLE) classroom
- Set up classroom environment in a modern learning style.
- Planning with my partner teacher to create a learning environment to cater for the learning needs of all children.