- Parent Assistant Coach, Grimsby Figuring Skating Club, 2012-13
- Parent Volunteer, Stoney Creek Minor Hockey Association, 2010-12
- Parent Volunteer, Saltfeet Figure Skating Club, 2011-12
- Created Sassy Bookworms, Organizer, Burlington, ON, 158 members, July 2010
- Volunteer, Immaculate Heart of Mary Elementary School, Parent Council Committee
- Chair of the Christmas Fundraising Event, increased profits by 500% in 2006-2008.
- Volunteer Counselor, London Woman Power, fundraising, resume critiques, administration.
- Volunteer, London MS Society, Annual Bike Tour, First Aid Assistant, fundraising
- Volunteer Counselor, Victim Witness Assistant Program, Crown Attorney's Office
- Volunteer, Asthma Olympics, The London Lung Association, fundraising
- First Aid and CPR Certification
- National Lifeguard Service, Royal Life and Red Cross Swimming Instructor
An energetic, results-oriented professional with significant leadership, organizational and administrative strengths. Ability to think creatively, strategically and independently, excellent communication and interpersonal skills well suited to a demanding environment requiring leadership and multiple tasks.
Program Design, Peer Mentoring, Presentation Skills, B.A. Psychology, Time Management
Event Planning, Academic Counseling, Website Management, Administrative, Budgets
Public Relations, Proposal Writing, Social Media, HR, Leadership, Communications
Jun 2007 - Present
- Responsible for program development, implementation and delivery of orientation and transition programs for First Year Students and First Generation Students (FGS).
- Created a new Summer Orientation program for July 2012, new program model and curriculum as a result of evaluations and research trends.
- Coordinate all the logistics of program events including room bookings, materials,hospitality, AV etc.
- Supervision of FGS Peer Mentors, developing a sense of community and establishing on-going support groups leading to increased integration within the McMaster Community.
- Excellent Presentation skills, presenting workshops on essay writing, time management etc.
- Outreach Program, working with Hamilton’s intercity high schools encouraging their futures.
- Designing publications, e-cards, marketing plans, social media and maintaining the SSC website.
- Evaluate, analyze & collect data; prepare written reports to guide the development of future programs.
- Project lead for First Generation Program, writing annual proposals for funding and submitting quarterly financial reports to the Ministry.
- Taking the lead on Academic skills and development, collaborating with Faculty members.
Jan 2010 - Jan 2011
Events and Marketing Coordinator
- Marketing responsibilities include implementing marketing plan, increasing awareness among students by leveraging social media and e-cards, writing articles etc., creating new marketing materials, updating website, newsletters and promoting workshops.
- Career Fairs and event planning, recruitment of employers and students, scheduling, logistics, hospitality, implementation and event management.
- Evaluation and Metrics, writing final reports, student and recruitment assessments and satisfaction surveys, budget reconciliation, Google analytics.
- Designing publications, e-cards and maintaining website and student blogs. Created and wrote NEW Social Media Strategy for the Student Success Centre.
- Supervision of 3 student staff, scheduling work-flow, performance evaluations, skill building and development, determining requirements for each position.
Oct 2001 - Jun 2007
Senior Projects Advisor
- Responsible for the management of competition and administration processes for major institutional research projects between the University, government and private sectors.
- Ensure excellent competitive proposals are prepared by providing expert advice, guidance, problem solving and support to project leaders and senior administrators in support of major institutional strategic research initiatives. Includes: Concept review & refinement, Proposal writing, review and editing, Budget development, review and validation, drafting institutional elements of the proposals.
- Advising and assisting researchers with the development of research proposals; which includes drafting, reviewing and effective interpretation of applicable policies.
- Authorizing and preparing budgets and expenditures for new research accounts.
- Preparing files, filing, photocopying, ongoing follow up calls and general administration.
May 2005 - May 2006
Program Manager (1 YR Career Growth)
- Built a network of relationships and collaborating with groups, internal and external to McMaster.
- Evaluate and manage all aspects of Executive Education Programs, including instructional quality, curriculum relevance, evolving needs, fiscal viability and compliance with McMaster policies.
- Took the lead on marketing activities including target direct-mail campaigns (letters and flyers), direct sales, brochures, website content, newspaper and magazine advertisements and telemarketing.
- Recruiting hiring and evaluating instructors for the executive development programs.
- Planned and implement all program sessions which included recruitment, registrations, catering, program materials, invoicing and budgets. (10-20 participants)
- Coordinated all registration& event details for the Disney Institute (320 participants) including administration, budget, student volunteer managementand program materials.
- Build a network of relationships and collaborated with groups internal and external to McMaster.
- Daily administration tasks which included weekly payroll, purchases & deposits.
Aug 1996 - Jan 2001
- Project Management: responsible for managing, organizing and implementing the administration requirements for numerous executive development programs. (35-75 participants) Reported directly to the Assistant Dean and Director of Executive Education, high level of professionalism which included preparing speeches, organizing dinners and other PR events.
- Participated on the Admissions Committee evaluating applications for Executive Programs.
- Administration duties included typing, editing and drafting program schedules for faculty and participant biographies, updating calendars and ongoing data contact management.
- Marketing responsibilities: recruitment, marketing brochures, mailings, cold calling and telemarketing campaigns. Relationship building a key strength in this position.
- Developed and implemented new executive development programs for senior managers looking for a program to help transition managers into higher level positions within their organization. Participant course evaluations rated the program as 'superior.' Responsible for all logistics and event management for each program.
- Alumni Event Coordinator planned and designed Alumni Reunions in the UK & the Netherlands for the Scholarship students. (50-150 participants)
- Active Board member with the Canadian Embassy in the Netherlands & the UK responsible for Admissions by selecting and interviewing candidates for ATCO Scholarship Program.
Sep 1997 - Sep 1999
Sep 1990 - Jun 1994
The University of Western Ontario
Adobe Create Suites
Microsoft Office Suites
Recipient,recognized for excellence in service, and a commitment to university operations. Along with an outstanding contribution to McMaster University.