- Self improvement: Reading various self improvement books ranging from business, health as well as personal enrichment.
- Participating in online & offline courses. Attended and completed Franklin Covey's " The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People" training program as well as Fast Track Copywriting Workshop. Currently enrolled in an online course (Introduction to Sustainability) at Coursera.org
- Countries visited: Hong Kong, Brunei, Thailand, Bali (Indo), UK, USA, Canada, Italy, Germany, Greece, France, Spain and Prague (CZ).
I am a Malaysian currently living and working in Greece for the last 5 years.
In my almost 2 decades of career experience, I have had the opportunity to delve into many industries ranging from advertising, logistics, travel as well as the world wide web. As a marketing person at heart, I have a curious nature and am drawn to positions where I am encouraged to participate in the creation of new ideas, concepts and encouraged to push boundaries. I am interested in figuring out how to make things work better, communicate better and ultimately function not only efficiently but exceed expectations.
I work well independantly as well as thrive as a team player and in leadership roles. These combined traits have served me well in my previous roles in project management and as a client service manager. My curious nature has also enabled me to learn many aspects that go beyond my jobscope. I believe that these traits have served me well in both my personal life as well as career path.
Mar 2008 - Present
- Execution of marketing and promotional plans including setting up of company website and managing enewsletters.
- Customising travel plans and bookings for clients on a daily basis.
2005 - 2007
- Project management for advertising and print campaigns.
- Creation and presentation of winning 'pitch'
- Creative directing
- Managing the team and suppliers
- Client management
2002 - 2005
Head of Strategic Planning & Client Manager
- Overall regional business development
- Implementing business and operational initiatives
- Creative participation in campaign direction, proposals and presentations
2001 - 2002
Assistant Marketing Manager
SNT Global (Logistics Solutions Provider)
- Managing regional marketing activities mainly in South East Asia.
2000 - 2001
Content Developer (2000) & Research Analyst (2001)
Mybiz Malaysia (eMarketplace)
- Liaise with business owners and web developers
- Provide content and oversee web enablement processes
- Participate on all areas of research be it customer, competitor, market or industry
- Educate personnel and eCommunity with relevant business statistics and information via newsletter and website updates.
1997 - 2000
Client Servicing Executive
- Liaising with, and acting as the link between, the client and advertising agency
- Presenting advertising campaign plans to clients for approval or modification
- Undertaking administrative tasks and preparation of quotations