Systems Services Representative
Provide IT service delivery and connectivity support for Reuters Market Data systems, in a fast-paced, real-time financial management environment. Perform project management activities, such as meeting project timelines, coordinating deliverables across departments to ensure high-quality customer service, and providing status updates to Service Delivery Managers. Recipient of IBM's 2011 Means Service Award for outstanding client support.
- Avoided lapses in coverage and potential customer satisfaction issues by developing an efficient method to communicate with customers about extending support service through maintenance contracts.
- Serving in a sales support capacity, followed through with appropriate documentation and discussions with Business Partners, resellers, IBM sales, and BP channel representatives to ensure responsiveness throughout sales cycle.
- Resolved connectivity problems for LAN/WAN, VPN, Cisco 2600 series routers, Cisco 2900 series switches, hubs, lateral patch panels, workstation wall ports, and cabling.
- Managed services, including computer and application enhancements, maintenance, and repair of workstations.
- Key team contributor for numerous projects, including:
- Management and coordination of hardware and software upgrades of network devices at various client locations for Internet Protocol project.
- Performed system administration work of installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining the network communications system.
- Executed project plan, including coordination of site readiness, hardware procurement, and post job completion reports. Monitored change management process to ensure team was updated on all issues.
- Upgrade of 300 servers at various US locations.
- Swapped out old servers with new ones, and validated configurations. Oversaw migration to ensure new network performed smoothly.
- Thoroughly documented each client service call to keep IBM Project Office and other stakeholders up-to-date on all issues.
- Upgrade of matching service application that provides financial institutions with direct market access, via a prime broker for price discovery, trade execution, and straight-through processing.
- Correction of time setting on operating system. Performed upgrade to dealing software and participated in weekly meetings to provide status updates.
- Asked to mentor and train IT engineers to quickly get them "up to speed" on warranty processes and practices for managing customer relationships.
- Thoroughly prepared for each on-site service visit, recognizing the importance of due diligence. Researched client's current systems, conducted site surveys, and gathered information about the client relationship.
- Developed easy-to-use information sheets for products, and Cisco commands to use as training aids for new and current staff.
- Became Cisco certified at a higher level than required to enable territory to meet its contractual obligations.