I am an energetic & enthusiastic marketing & communications professional with more than 7 years’ experience in the lifestyle, hospitality, education & fundraising industry in UK, India & Dubai.
My range of experience includes social media marketing, events & PR. Proven background of working under tight deadlines and maintaining a high level of accuracy and consistency in all areas of work.
A strong team player, who excels in strategic marketing, is flexible to change and welcomes the opportunity to acquire additional knowledge and skills. Well presented, punctual and have the ability to provide transferable skills to a Marketing and Public Relations department of a firm.
Currently, looking for a new and challenging marketing or PR position In Dubai, one which will make best use of my existing skills and experience and also further my personal and professional development
Mar 2016 - Apr 2016
Social Media Manager Freelance
Bertin Bistro & Andalusia
Managed their social Media platforms along with creating creative concepts for the company.
Jul 2013 - Jan 2016
The SMILE Project India
• Plan, implement & execute fundraising events across cities in India
• Research on current issues in the country to raise funds for a specific cause. Execute creative campaigns for every event & fundraiser. Research on non –commercial NGO’s in India and raise funds through events for them.
• Complete control of content management of Social Media on Facebook, Instagram, YouTutbe & Twitter
• Manage Social Media Marketing Campaigns & day to day social media activities on Facebook, Instagram, YouTutbe & Twitter
• Oversee social media design & all other print creative.
• Establish good working relationships & collaborative arrangements with organizations across Europe & USA. Nottingham Trent University, FAD International & Sundara to name a few.
• Plan, implement & execute PR strategy.
• Write & publish press releases. The smile project India has been featured in leading Indian newspapers such as Indian Express, Sakaal Times, Pune Mirror, & Times of India.
• Invite Bollywood celebrities for our events as part of our PR strategy.
Aug 2013 - Oct 2014
Head of Marketing & Communication | Head Faculty of Fashion Marketing
FAD International | School of Fashion Art & Design
• Responsible for day to day social media creative content & management of all platforms.
• Create and manage PR initiatives. Including the development of media releases and act as the company’s spokesperson.
• Create, manage & evaluate all internet marketing activities & email promotions.
• Direct & manage mail campaigns.
• Organized, planned & executed fashion events, conferences & seminars locally in India & internationally in Dubai.
• Development, production and delivery of events from proposal right up to delivery.
• Delivering events on time, within budget, that meet (and hopefully exceed) expectations
• Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all organization publications.
• Coordinate media interest in the Organization and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
• Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing/communications/ public relations program and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance
• Work with senior staff, other staff and volunteers to: develop and maintain a strategic perspective -- based on marketplace and constituent needs and satisfaction -- in organizational direction, program and services, and decision-making; and, ensure the overall health and vitality of the Organization.
• Recruit, train, appraise, supervise, support, develop, promote and guide qualified personnel, both paid and volunteer.
Feb 2013 - Sep 2013
Fashion Marketing & Communications Executive
• Liaising and networking with a range of stakeholders including customers, colleagues, suppliers and partner organizations;
• Communicating with target audiences and managing customer relationships;
• Sourcing advertising opportunities and placing adverts in the press - local, regional, national and online publications
• Managing the production of marketing materials, including leaflets, posters, flyers, newsletters and e-newsletters
• Writing and proofreading copy;
• Organizing photo shoots;
• Arranging for the effective distribution of marketing materials;
• Contributing to, and developing, marketing plans and strategies;
• Monitoring competitor activity;
• Handling all social media outlets including writing blogs
• Writing press releases and sending pitch stories to editors
Jan 2011 - Sep 2012
The Factory | Nottingham, UK
- Liaise and build relations with customers and suppliers
- Contribute to the strategic planning of a long term marketing plan and to drive forward agreed company objectives
- Budget, manage and identify advertising opportunities
- Write and distribute press releases
- Co-ordinate and prepare photo-shoots
- Manage the production of marketing materials, including leaflets, posters and flyers. Involving, writing and proofreading copy, and liaising with designers and printers
- Arrange for the effective distribution of marketing materials
- Maintain, build and update mailing database
- Develop strategic relations to secure sponsorship to assist with the publicity and funding of marketing projects
- Executed market research and customer surveys to assess demand, brand positioning and awareness.
- Implementation of social media campaigns in the business model
May 2012 - Jun 2012
Public Relations Intern
EDEN Public Relations | Nottingham, UK
- Writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
- Preparing press releases, articles and blogs for clients such as Hammonds, Scape and Interflora
- Researching media outlets a and upcoming news stories and events for potential client press coverage
- Creating press cuttings of client coverage
- Liaising on a daily basis with clients and the media, often via telephone and email
- Monitoring the media, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires and blogs for opportunities for clients
- Develop client proposals and implements PR activity
- Commissioning market research
May 2010 - Aug 2010
Public Relations Manager
High Spirits Cafe
- Managed events in the fashion, music and lifestyle department
- Planning and organizing events including collaborating with international artists and some of the biggest names in music among which were Indian Ocean and Flo Rida
- Market research compromising investigating the current trends in the music and lifestyle industry
- Maintaining and updating information on the organization’s website
- Advertising- Including preparing and supervising the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programs
- Planning and developing PR strategies, implementing Social Media in the business model
- Liaising with and answering enquiries from media, individuals and other organizations, often via telephone and email;
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
Jul 2007 - Apr 2010
Entrepreneur/One of two Co-founders
Cupid Apparel Store | Pune, India
- Conceptualized a business idea, launched a boutique and operated a profitable business which today has expanded to three locations
- Researched and analyzed women clothing stores within the targeted region to acquire market information.
- Directed marketing efforts to promote visibility through pamphlets/fliers, print and digital media.
- Assisted in purchasing and inventory control by evaluating current inventory status and forecasting the sales volume.
- Developed client base and increased sales volume through personal attention to customers and successfully met sales targets.
- Co-ordinate fashion events along with fashion photo shoots for various Indian magazines.
- Fashion buying, merchandising and sales analysis was an integral part of work.
Sep 2010 - Jul 2011
Masters in Fashion Marketing and Communication
Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Sep 2009 - Aug 2010
Post Graduation Certification Course in Fashion Marketing and Communication
FAD International Academy, Pune, India
Jun 2007 - Mar 2010
Bachelors in Arts (B.A)
Nowrosjee Wadia College, Pune, India
TEDxPune (Pune, India, 2014) - Creative Director
SXSW Music Festival (Austin, Texas, U.S.A 2012) – Production Stage Management
Graduate India Fashion week (Pune, India, 2011) – Marketing and Sponsorship Coordinator
FAD Art and Design show (Pune, India, 2010) – Curator and Marketing Coordinator
References available on requests