Language Acquisition Specialist
LISD - Lewisville Elementary
Support the work of teachers who have English Language Learners in their classes, using different methods: facilitating professional development, coaching, modeling, co-teaching and promoting other collaboration opportunities i.e.: BIL/ESL Cohort (support and accountability group), Snack & Chat (sharing ideas and resources) and GREAT (Guided Reading Enrichment and Tools).
- Analyze LEP students' data and, according to their needs, work with them to achieve standard based goals.
- Serve as an advocate and mentor for the second language learners and their families. For example: Work with newcomers group on their language skills and cultural adaptation, organized the first Multicultural Festival in our campus, led learning opportunities for parents (book study and technology to support student learning), served as the PTA Parliamentarian for our school.
Meet 100% compliance deadlines for Bilingual/ESL population.
- Translate a variety of documents English-Spanish and support campus goals as needed.
Administer the Elementary Bilingual/ESL Educators (E-BEE) Facebook group.
- Member of Campus Design Team 2013-14 and B.L.T. 2015-16
- Recipient of several Blue Ribbons awards (campus internal award)