Sr. Procurement Engineer
Feb 2014 - Present
Alsaad General Contracting Co. & Besix JV
Project Name: The Sail Tower Project (Kempinski Hotel) - Jeddah, KSA
- Project Value: 320 Million US Dollars
- Project Category: High Rise Hotel & Residences
The project consists of 4 basement levels and a 63 story tower comprising of the Hotel & Residential Apartments, as well as a Podium comprising of several Pavilions, Kids areas, Pools and Ballrooms.
Total gross construction area = 160,000 square meters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review of the Project General Conditions of Contract
- Procurement of Main Packages for the Project. Including preparations and issuance of Package RFQ's. Following up with Subcontractors for quotations and setting up meetings.
- Preparation of Procurement Schedules in line with Project Baseline Schedules
- Awarding of Main Project Packages including Concrete, Steel & Finishes.
- Cross checking all received offers and quotations against the Project Specifications & Requirements, as well as making price comparisons with Project Budget.
- Leading all procurement initial and final negotiations with qualified vendors & Subcontractors to achieve best prices within our budget and cost saving.
- Preparation and issuance of Letter of Intents/Awards to Subcontractors and issuance of Subcontract Agreements and Documents
- Coordination between site, technical offices and awarded subcontractors regarding all relevant contractual and technical aspects of awarded packages.
- Excellent communication skills with oversees companies to receive best compliant offers for materials & finishing packages.