ERP and Database Administrator
Banque Saudi Fransi-Head Office
Administrating Oracle Database and Application (E-Business Suite) by monitoring the performance, solving issues, securing database and application, backup and cloning database and application.
Technical Experience (Related to ERP and Database Administration):
- Migrating EBS Database (12c) from AIX to Exadata using Data pump.
- Migrating Databases from big endian platform (AIX) to little endian platform (Linux) using Data pump (Export/Import).
- Upgrading EBS database from 10g R2, 11g R1, and 11g R2 to 12c.
- Fresh installation of Oracle database 12c on Linux Red Hat 5.11.
- Upgrading database from 10g R2 and 11g R1 to 11g R2.
- Upgrading EBS from 12.1.1 to 12.1.3.
- Supporting DB (11.1.0g & 11.2.0g) and EBS (R12.1.1 & R12.1.3).
- Cloning from single node or multi-node server to single node.
- Enabling SSL in the application level.
- Securing servers by changing the default passwords of the default users’ names in both levels (Database and EBS).
- Backup and Restore database using RMAN tool.
- Investigating errors and issues in the database and applications levels.
- Applying application, and security patches (Opatches).
- Enabling and using advanced monitoring tool (Oracle Enterprise Manager).
- Administrating and using Oracle Cloud Control 12c on Linux Red Hat 5.11.
- Creating some scripts and PL/SQL codes for generating on request summaries and sending them via email to the administrators. These summaries contains some of the important information like the disk free space, tablespaces free space, failed backups, and the details about the failed backup.
- Creating PL/SQL codes to monitor users and privileges and track the changes on these privileges during the time.
- Scripting DBA tools menu contains killing sessions, extending tablespace, starting up and shutting down the Database and the Application in one shot, creating new datafiles, ... etc.
- Masking columns of data using FGA policy.
- Essentials like starting and shutting down the applications and database, creating users, assigning roles and privileges, implementing functions and procedures storing and fetching data.
- Writing procedures and documenting errors and solutions.
Technical Experience (Not related to ERP and Database Administration):
- Commanding and scripting using IBM UNIX.
- Commanding and scripting using Windows Command shell (CMD).