Seeking a long-term career that utilizes & extends my knowledge & capability in ERP and Database Administration related fields, in addition to gain more knowledge in programming and maintenance repair activities.
ERP and Database Administrator
Banque Saudi Fransi-Head Office
Administrating Oracle Database and Application (E-Business Suite) by monitoring the performance, solving issues, securing database and application, backup and cloning database and application.
Technical Experience (Related to ERP and Database Administration):
- Migrating EBS Database (12c) from AIX to Exadata using Data pump.
- Migrating Databases from big endian platform (AIX) to little endian platform (Linux) using Data pump (Export/Import).
- Upgrading EBS database from 10g R2, 11g R1, and 11g R2 to 12c.
- Fresh installation of Oracle database 12c on Linux Red Hat 5.11.
- Upgrading database from 10g R2 and 11g R1 to 11g R2.
- Upgrading EBS from 12.1.1 to 12.1.3.
- Supporting DB (11.1.0g & 11.2.0g) and EBS (R12.1.1 & R12.1.3).
- Cloning from single node or multi-node server to single node.
- Enabling SSL in the application level.
- Securing servers by changing the default passwords of the default users’ names in both levels (Database and EBS).
- Backup and Restore database using RMAN tool.
- Investigating errors and issues in the database and applications levels.
- Applying application, and security patches (Opatches).
- Enabling and using advanced monitoring tool (Oracle Enterprise Manager).
- Administrating and using Oracle Cloud Control 12c on Linux Red Hat 5.11.
- Creating some scripts and PL/SQL codes for generating on request summaries and sending them via email to the administrators. These summaries contains some of the important information like the disk free space, tablespaces free space, failed backups, and the details about the failed backup.
- Creating PL/SQL codes to monitor users and privileges and track the changes on these privileges during the time.
- Scripting DBA tools menu contains killing sessions, extending tablespace, starting up and shutting down the Database and the Application in one shot, creating new datafiles, ... etc.
- Masking columns of data using FGA policy.
- Essentials like starting and shutting down the applications and database, creating users, assigning roles and privileges, implementing functions and procedures storing and fetching data.
- Writing procedures and documenting errors and solutions.
Technical Experience (Not related to ERP and Database Administration):
- Commanding and scripting using IBM UNIX.
- Commanding and scripting using Windows Command shell (CMD).
Jan 2013Apr 2013
Thompson Rivers University
I've been the leader of three team members of redesigning and migrating database from Access to Oracle. The database was owned by a department in Thompson Rivers University. The project was to redesign the database, Normalize it, cleaning the original data to meet the data format of Oracle using VBA scripts, and load it into Oracle.
Jun 2005Aug 2005
Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo Company
Internship Program for 8 weeks in Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo Company, IT Department.
Jan 2009Aug 2013
Bachelor Degree (Computing Science)
Thompson Rivers University
Thompson Rivers University - Kamloops, British Columbia (BC), Canada.
Computer Related Courses:
- Computer Programming 1 (Java).
- Computer Programming 2 (Java).
- Data Structures, Algorithm Analysis and Program Design (Java).
- Discrete Structures 1 for Computing Science.
- Discrete Structures 2 for Computing Science.
- Introduction to Programming (Visual Basic).
- Introduction to Computer Systems (C).
- Computer Networks.
- Computer Network Administration.
- Operating Systems.
- Software Engineering.
- Advanced Software Engineering.
- Database Systems (PL/SQL, Oracle).
- Advanced Database Systems (PL/SQL, Oracle).
- Database Administration (Oracle).
- Multimedia (HTML5).
- Human-Computer Interaction Design (C#).
- Game Design and Development 1.
- Introduction to Spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel).
- Introduction to Digital Media (Videos, Audios, Photos).
- Introduction to Animation (Adobe Flash).
- Computing Science Project (Database conversion from Microsoft Access to Oracle).
Business and Economics related Courses:
- Introduction to Basic Economics.
- Management Information Systems 1.
- Management Information Systems 2
- Supply Chain Management.
- Introduction to Marketing.
- International Business.
- Management Issues Info Systems.
- Professional Business and Technical Writing.
- Composition (Academic English Writing).
Aug 2004Jun 2007
Associate Degree (Computer Applications)
Dammam Community College, King Fahad University of Petroleum
Dammam Community College - Branch of King Fahad University of Petroleum & Minerals, Dammam, Saudi Arabia.
Computer Related Courses:
- Introduction to Programming (VB.NET).
- PC Maintenance & Troubleshooting (A+ Certification).
- Microsoft Office 2003 (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Keyboarding (English).
- Introduction to Web Authoring & Design (ASP.NET).
- Introduction to Networking.
- Introduction to UNIX.
- Business Communications.
- Introduction to Business.
Dec 2014 - Dubai, UAE
R12.2 Oracle Application System Administrator Fundamentals Ed1
Jan 2016 - Riyadh, KSA
- Exadata Database Machine Administration Workshop Ed 3 PRV
- Improving my computer skills & capability.
- Learning new & interesting issues related to computer.
- Knowing information about new technologies in the market and putting my hands on some; in addition to watching some press conferences of the important companies like
I work as a volunteer in Al Dokhala Festival. I've started in 2006 (Dokhala 2). In 2007 (Dokhala 3), I was a team leader of three members that have the responsible of the following:
- Collecting information about the volunteers.
- Printing volunteers’ cards and certificates.
- Managing gifts and rewards.
However, since 2013, I’ve started to work with Administrative support team. The mission of this team is to be the link between the management and the leaders of the committees of the festival.