World's largest specialist trade distributor of plumbing, HVAC/R and waterworks products with over 80,000 employees in 22 countries. Wolseley plc is based in the UK with Wolseley Canada operating approximately 250 branches across the country.
Reporting to PMO Program Director, participate in the development and implementation of the Project Management Office (PMO) for a Program with approximately 18 simultaneous projects. These projects cover the upgrade of the existing ERP and implementation of best-of-breed systems using a combination of local and Cloud (SaaS) software from different vendors.
- Accountable for two concurrent projects within the Program:
- Customer Self-Service Portal (Order to Cash cycle): implementation of Invoices presentment (online and printed), online electronic payment and customer support using SaaS products from two third-party vendors with a total project budget of 1.8 M$ CAD .
- Online Credit Application (Order to Cash cycle): implementation of automated evaluation of credit approval using SaaS products from a third-party vendor using Salesforce with a total project budget of 1.6 M$ CAD.
- Provide Project Management support for two additional concurrent projects within the Program:
- Master Data Management: implementation of third-party software to maintain a single “source of truth” for different systems handling referential data, product, vendor and customer information. Prepared Business Case and Capital Expenditure application for project budget of 6.5 M$ CAD.
- Reporting and Data Warehousing: implementation of daily and monthly reports for different audiences (Branch Management, Sales, Finance and Senior Executives) using Microsoft BI tools. Prepared Business Case and Capital Expenditure application for project budget of 3.9 M$ CAD .
- Create Business Plans and budget proposals.
- Prepare and manage Capital Expenditure applications involving CapEx and OpEx with 5-10 years forecasts.
- Present and obtain project approval from Senior Executives (CFO, COO, and up to CEO).
- Participate in Steering Committees reporting project status and performance metrics, identifying needs for escalation and assessing risks and issues.
- Prepare program status reports, communications and presentations to executives, senior management, and primary stakeholders.
- Manage relationships with sponsors, stakeholders, and third-party vendors.
- Spearhead requirements elicitation with business staff, IT staff, and vendor technical personnel.
- Negotiate and review Statement of Work with third-party vendors.
- Create Project Plan including schedule and resource allocation.
- Lead the implementation of modifications with IT staff and vendor technical personnel.
- Monitor and control budget, resources, and vendor performance.
- Engage, motivate, coach and mentor project lead and team members, including operational staff without previous project management expertise.
- Lead project post-mortem sessions to identify lessons learned.
- Develop and implement standardized Project Management tools, templates, processes and best practices.
- Promote governance by adopting Project Management methodologies and standards across the organization.