I am a NY/NJ licensed PharmD with both hospital & long term care experience. Working in a fast-paced environment my responsibilities have ranged from unit dose /IV admixture dispensing to formulary/therapeutic interchange protocols & drug interventions, all while providing patient-focused clinical care with a continuation of professional development.
To work & excel in a clinical environment which fosters a culture of interdisciplinary collaboration.
May 2011 - Present
• Started out as a temp position in this 411 bed hospital which later became a permanent position.• Filling orders, satellite carts, IV’s, TPN (both with & without CAPS) for both inpatient, & outpatient departments of Cumberland diagnostic & treatment center, & Woodhull hospital. • Under project red provided discharge counseling, medication reconciliation & transition of care.
May 2010 - May 2007
- Provided order clarification & interpretation of MD's orders, admission/discharge reconciliation, order entry & final verification of unit dose distribution in atromic, bingo, & vial form.
- Handled nurse and doctor calls, monitored therapeutic interchanges.
- Ensured adequate control and documentation of controlled substance records, & narcotic book reconciliation.
Sep 1998 - Oct 2002
New York City Transit Authority
- Successfully operated in a stressful, fast-paced, deadline orientated, “no-errors” environment. Frequently drove in traffic congested, weather inclement, and/or night time condition.
- Exercised good judgment & ability to think on my feet while handling loads of up to 80 passengers.
- Completed pre-pharmacy course work while driving full-time.