CPE-MSTCF - Concours préparatoire aux études de ce qu'est aujourd'hi la filière STCF-CCA
I help Marketing managers achieve business goals through wise use of social media. I don't deliver followers,fans,connections, +1 or circles - I help companies get better qualified leads,shorten sale cycles, improve conversion and basically generate revenues. The reason is I worked in marketing.In my book, social media serves marketing - not the other way round.
Sometimes I walk away from business.
DBM (global outplacement firm)
As a New Career workshop facilitaor, coached and helped hundreds of gifted executives looking for new challenges, focusing on the high-tech sector.It was great fun,too. * Revamped CVs - no Visual CV then :-)
* Helped (Re)define career objectives * Enhanced interview skills via simulations of interviews with analysis with analysis.
* Upgraded negotiation skills, elevator pitch, body language and networking skills.
Since 1998, I have given career-, networking and web-related workshops and social media training in Israel, the UK, the Russian Federation & France.
Coached via e-mail hundreds of US and UK residents prior to their Aliyah. This project gave me the opportunity to meet executives in London,England; Paris,Marseilles and Lyon,France; and Siberia [in the Winter].
Jul 2007 - Present
Online Marketing Projects
- B2B Social Media consulting
- An exciting online education project ·
- LinkedIn & Twitter marketing consulting and lectures - startup accelerator gigs [Star-TAU,TheJunction,TheHive,TheElevator], B2B, NGOs [e.g. Gvahim and Matan] and individuals.
- Market research
- Shidonni , a browser-based virtual world for children 
Market research, lead qualification, initiating contact in French territory resulting in media coverage and exposure
Conducted market research identifying promising prospects in Key B2B territories
- HP Indigo [pre-Drupa project 2007/8]
Created and developed tools used by ~100 HP Indigo salespeople worldwide.
Analyzed, spotted trends and predicted future directions in players (competitor pricing, annual reports, evaluation of competitors sales). Led worldwide HP Indigo Competition Forum
Oct 2010 - Present
Social Media marketing specialist [English projects]
SEOlogy is a well-respected SEO firm.
SEOlogy offers Social Media marketing services to B2B companies,based in Israel and targeting the global market. Chances are you know Seology's clients...
My current projects include: * Social media marketing for an Enterprise software company, focusing on lead generation and branding - using primarily LinkedIn and Twitter. * Consulting for a large public company [monitoring,analyzing, social media marketing strategy], focusing on LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
2006 - 2007
- Increased Udizine's annual sales 243%.
- Successfully added new distributors in AZ,CA,CO,FL,MD & HI (check out full map here) ►Increased revenues from existing accounts in CA,NY,OH & PA. ► Initiated and nurtured contacts with firms that became Udizine's first international Representatives [in the UK and the Philippines] and added new distributors in the Netherlands and the Far East.
- Initiated a presence in new websites and negotiated the firm's first stock orders.
- Selected strategic partner, contributing to a successful US GlobalShop trade show.
2003 - 2006
Atmosphere Manufacturers (disruptive electronics consumer goods start-up)
- Led marketing activities and listing with a strategic French retailer (BHV, €700m turnover).
- Significantly shortened listing time to market with French retailers like Castorama.
- Delivered French collateral, website design, and several other projects. Co-led a successful recruitment of a top local Agent and managed his training.
- Achieved a significant differentiation - in a commodities market:► Turned products into an end-to-end solution thanks to a thorough analysis of clients' needs.► Initiated high-margin,low-cost product customizations during long sales cycles.
- Thoroughly prepared key exhibitions (Koln's Practical World and Frankfurt's Light & Building), resulting in identifications of major business opportunities: ► Built long-term partnerships with key retailers in France & Germany, resulting in accelerated, low-budget listing setup and distribution planning. ► Revamped the go to market plan and value proposition and increased margins & future revenues manifold by modifying the business model.
► All this was done before the company manufactured a single product
2000 - 2003
Wireless Business Intelligence consultant
Shenhav [Vimatix, Netprox]
- Vimatix (MMSC) - Analyzed potential clients under extreme time pressure.
- Netprox (application platform) - Led mobile internet market analysis.
Jan 1996 - Oct 2000
Training professional responsible for the in-house Language training of over 2200 employees. ► Selected & managed a team of a dozen subcontractors,building a team out of partners that continued to work for fiercely competing companies ► Improved client satisfaction & loyalty by halving time-to-market of training products while doubling product line every 18 months ► Turned the company into a beta site of cutting-edge technologies enabling product delivery anywhere,anyhow,anytime
Web-savvy, full computer literacy. Masters Google Docs,Wikis,Social Media (Twitter,LinkedIn,Quora,tumblr,SlideShrae,YouTube and others)...
Languages: English, French, Hebrew - mother tongue
IDF military service: Paramedic
* Shidonni - a web-based virtual world for children aged 4-12 [I did a small project regarding Shidonni's penetration to France].
- Virtual World featured in France's Actukids: Shidonni en français
- Sur Numerikids,9.09: Lancement de la version française du monde virtuel de Shidonni (9.09) :-)
** Une présentation donnée lors du Yarid d'Aliyah à Paris, le 15 mars 2009 [a lecture I was asked to deliver in France about Networking.].
Trilingual (English/French/Hebrew) relationship builder,I am a freak of people and innovative technology (in that order) and bridging gaps between them.How do I contribute to a business? ► What I do for a living is identify business opportunities, often creating value in commoditized environments. Incidentally,I build relationships...or was it the other way round?
► As a heavy user of community-based websites,I have created webinars,videos,online groups,online CVs and portfolios,wikis,and tutorials. Understanding long-term social media success factors enables me to help brands -and people.
► I help businesses engage with customers online - and convert prospects into long-term loyal customers.
►The world of retail interests me, brushing up my French is fun, and firms I have contributed most to tend to be high-tech, innovative and global.
►I was lucky enough to work both in global/public companies and in start-ups across several industries ►►Result? my experience ranges from business development to account management, and from competitive intelligence to inside sales.
An in-house/long-term B2B LinkedIn/social media marketing position
- Leveraging my on- and offline experience in international B2B marketing (online marketing,Enterprise software,web apps, retail and consumer goods).
- Leading web-based collaboration with customers and/or partners /account management/social media marketing [LinkedIn,Quora,YouTube,Twitter, Google+,tumblr,SlideShare,Web Applications,Mobile Apps and more].
- Planning, creating,curating and revamping a variety of online and social media tools and content.
* If you're reading these lines in a .PDF file, you may check the latest version here: http://www.visualcv.com/alfon
** Online? You can download a PDF version of it by clicking here,flip through its pages [without links] here, watch it as a pearltree here or even cruise some of the 60-odd links here or check out its QR code here :-)
▲ Click here to go to the top of the page
Feeling adventurous? View this Visual CV as a Pearltree
There are ~60 different URLs in this Visual CV. You can cruise almost all of them using your browser using this link http://fur.ly/1kk0
Use your mouse to turn the pages - cool view (links are not enabled,though)
If you're reading these lines online, you may download it by clicking on the PDF logo above