Senior IT Leader with both multi-national Fortune 500 and startup experience. Lead project teams in Europe, Africa, North/South America, and Australasia. Twenty+ year proven record in collaborating with executives and staff in directing project teams and PMOs to plan, develop, implement, and operate technology solutions. Proven record in large scale program/ project management and organizational leadership. Recent responsibilities include professional services for business intelligence solutions to the health care industry, streamlining contracting and invoicing processes to ensure tighter signature-to-delivery controls, and implementation of project performance indicators. Significant experience in organizing and operating outsourced IT development teams has led to 25% reduction in annual contractual costs.
Jan 2008 - Present
Director, Business Program Management
Lead team Business Program Managers in oversight of program/project execution introducing and enhancing electronic funds-based products: Risk/Fraud Management, Prepaid, ATM, Regional Networks/Gateway, and Core systems.
- Knowledge Management: Developed and deployed SharePoint-based knowledge portal to improve the current project management practice. Enhance project knowledge repositories to track and report on Sarbanes-Oxley mandated artifacts through the development lifecycle.
- Risk Management Task Force: Working with business and technical teams, developed the process to alleviate project conflicts within releases.
- Crisis Management: Improved and refined Emergency Operations functions as part of the Regional Incident Management Team. Created logistics processes and templates to assist during emergencies.
Apr 2007 - Dec 2007
Recruited to launch the Professional Services organization. Implemented project management methodology, financial processes, and risk management while leading customer engagements for health care business informatics solutions. Primary liaison between company’s largest client organization and company’s Engineering and Informatics organizations for product development and deployment.
- Financial Management: Created customer revenue forecasting model based on variable contract terms and threshold triggers. Streamlined company time tracking process to integrate tightly with contracts and invoicing to accelerate invoice process and accounts receivable collections.
- Professional Service Delivery: Managed service delivery to external customers; responsible for customer satisfaction. Integral member of pre-sales team: developed requirements and statements of work, change orders, and proposals for ongoing projects and new business development.
Mar 2004 - Apr 2007
Implemented the Global IT PMO, by transforming a single-program internally-focused project office into enterprise-level organization serving multiple geographic regions. Oversaw global programs for financial, operational, and back office systems.
- Portfolio Management: Oversaw the intake, qualification, and green-lighting of 50+ projects annually. Developed portfolio / capital management stage-gate process for IT technology projects.
- Program Management: Oversaw stage-gate process to promote projects through the portfolio funding/approval process.
- Knowledge Management: Created and implemented methodology for all IT-technology projects. Trained 110+ staff across varied business units and regions.
- Personnel Development: Designed and implemented a career track from entry-level PMO coordinator through Global Project Manager. Tracks included specific training and experiential requirements and career development milestones to aid project managers in career progression.
Oct 2002 - Feb 2004
Operational Program Manager
Directed on-site project management and customer engagement for the implementation and customization of Revenue Assurance software solutions. Specific projects included international deployment in The Netherlands and domestically in the U.S.