- Social media in all forms (social networks, location based social networking, marketing such as QR codes,blogs, video and many others)
- Building talent communities
- Sourcing techniques including - Boolean search, ATS search and job boards.
- Browser based search.
- many other search tools
Desire to contribute within the areas of Talent Acquisition and Talent Management to companies ready to grow. I specialize in companies set for rapid growth or in the early talent acquisition stage.
Mar 2007 - Present
Vice President of Workforce Solutions
Vice President of Workforce SolutionsSeptember 2010 – present
Director, Talent Acquisition March 2007 – September 2010
Recruiting Consultant November 2006 - March 2007
- Currently building and leading a new business unit (Workforce Solutions) which is focused on Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO), Contract Recruitment and Human Resource Services which include:
- payroll services
- legal compliance consulting
- independent contractor compliance & management
- vendor management (VMS).
- Created a recruitment delivery team specializing in Information Technology recruiting which involved:
- Assessed and assigned recruiters into specialty recruiting skills that assisted in building talent communities within specific functional skill areas (i.e. infrastructure, software development, generalist etc...)
- Developed a social recruiting networking strategy per talent community to engage recruiters with specific talents.
- Member of the Executive Leadership Team with responsibility for contributing to the overall strategy, growth, direction, and budget of a technology recruiting firm.
- Implemented and managed recruiting strategies that impacted company increases in revenue from $13 million in sales (2009) to $16.3 million in sales (2010).
- Directed the activities of the Talent Acquisitions team and Workforce Solutions Group which is focused on external technology clients including many Atlanta based Fortune 500 organizations.
- Trained recruiters in full lifecycle recruiting, Web2.0 methodologies, social networking recruiting, mobile recruiting, Boolean search, employment law and all aspects of the recruiting process.
- Recruiting brand manager which includes developing and managing social media marketing campaigns for organization.
- Researched, recommended and implemented an applicant tracking system capable of;
- tracking OFCCP and EEOC requirements
- Enhanced reporting capabilites for recruiting metrics and scorecard evaluations.
- Responsible for scorecard, progress reports, tracking and interpreting dashboard results, and ensuring adherence to contractual agreements.
- Human Resources consultation on employee relations, benefits, compensation (internal sales structure), policy design, succession planning, organizational design and development.
- Developed company wide training and development plan for corporate employees.
- Designed all formal process and procedures for the Talent Acquisition and Workforce Solutions division.
Oct 2006 - Present
Chief Marketing Officer/Social Media Consultant
Project: Golden Hair Salon
March 2011 – Present
- Create Facebook Fan Page and train team on use.
- Investigate and create marketing campaign utilizing geographic targeting social media (FourSquare and Facebook Places)
- Investigate and create Quick Response (QR) campaign.
Project: Atlanta Human Resources Prayer Breakfast
December 2010 – Present
- Create, manage and market the Facebook Fan Page
- Develop a LinkedIn presence to promote Human Resource centric networking group.
Project: Nadra Strickling Tax Services – Income Tax Company
December 2010 – April 2011
- Developed a social media strategy for small business which includes Facebook, LinkedIn and Wordpress website/blog.
- Training employees on use of social media tools for driving business.
Project: Author: Jim Strickling
December 2010 – June 2011
- Create a social media strategy for published author in promoting his website and books.
- Developing social media campaign around author.
- Reviewing website and utilizing analytic tools to recommend ways to increase presence,
Project: Synergis www.synergishr.com - IT Consulting Firm
November 2006 – March 2007 (took full-time position March 2007)
- Identifying, defining and implementing all process & procedure for a mid-size IT consulting firm including; policy / procedure, compensation analysis, competitive analysis, benefits analysis, training program, organizational design and talent acquisition for current and forecasted offices.
- Implemented the college recruiting program and training for “Synergis University”.
Project: Danger www.danger.com (now Microsoft)
October 2006 – December 2006
Software development firm, responsible for the Sidekick and newly released Kin mobile devices.
- Talent Acquisition for software development company headquartered in Palo Alto, CA and R&D in Duluth, GA.
- Full life cycle recruiting in competitive wireless / high tech industry.
Jul 2011 - Present
VP of Social Media
Sep 2005 - Sep 2006
Manager of Talent Acquisition
- Built and led a team of 6 recruiters and 2 recruiting assistants responsible for all global talent acquisition and management efforts for North America, Southeast Asia, Middle East, and Africa.
- Created all talent acquisition processes including; requisition process, formal job descriptions, enhanced applicant tracking capabilities (which later led to adding an ATS system), background and drug screening requirements.
- Team was responsible for high growth; 200 employees to 600+ in a 12 month period.
- Designed, implemented and lead short term and long term strategic talent management initiatives for OCONUS (overseas) and CONUS (local) talent.
- Created DOORS (DataPath OCONUS On-Site Recruiting System) to expedite the hiring of employees for a key revenue generating business unit.
- Designed strategies for DOD and Commercial business units.
- Co-developed tracking tool for workforce planning data gathering during period of record growth for overseas and domestic hiring in partnership with the Vice President of Finance.
- Selected and managed company’s staffing partners (100+) including; design and management of service level agreements and monitoring all dashboard results.
- Implemented all talent acquisition procedures including; background checks, reference checks and pre-hire drug screening procedure for all new hires.
- Responsible for all metrics gathering, analysis and reporting.
- Reduced time to fill metric by 52% while company grew 250%.
Apr 1999 - Sep 2005
Manager of Talent Acquisition & Human Resources
Manager, Talent Acquisition & Human Resource April 2001 – September 2005
Employment Team Leader October 2000 – March 2001
Technical Recruiter April 1999 – September 2000
Talent Acquisition Management
- Directed all aspects of talent acquisition and human resources for a 400+-person, international Research and Design Center developing 3G cellular/mobile communications.
- Built and led a 4 person Talent Acquisition and Talent Management delivery team that exceeded management expectations in all areas of hiring plan.
- Managed all strategic talent acquisition and human resource initiatives including; recruitment branding, talent management, global vendor selection, vendor management, immigration and workforce planning.
- Responsible for analysis, measuring, tracking and reporting all metrics to global stakeholders including;
- cost per hire (reduced by 39%)
- time to fill (maintained average of 28 days)
- Developed workforce plan for global growth consisting of a majority (95%) professional and senior level development engineers in the competitive wireless/mobile communications industry.
- Worked closely with Executive team (President, Human Resources and Vice President of Software) on continuous workforce plan, programs and initiatives on a global basis.
- Assimilated a 50+ person, R&D center in Calgary, Alberta, Canada in conjunction with our executive leadership team and Japan headquarters business objectives.
- Extensive international talent acquisition and talent management for the following;
- North America (Canada, U.S., Mexico)
- South America (Republic of Panama, Brazil)
- Asia (Japan, China, Philippines)
- Europe (UK, Czech Republic, Germany).
Human Resource Management
- Developed and managed comprehensive job description system
- Communicate benefits and compensation guidelines to employees and new hires.
- Planned, designed, developed and implemented Human Resources programs, policies, procedures and guidelines including:
- employee counseling
- recruiting / staffing
- internal opportunity
- employee relations
- non-exempt compensation
- vendor management
- Manager of all employee relations (ER) issues including coaching, counseling and progressive disciplinary actions including all plans, suspensions and terminations.
- Ledthe Immigration team responsible for 15% of our workforce.
- Developed and authored global expatriate program including;
- United States
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
- Republic of Panama.
- Managed all visa types including F1, H1B, E, L and Green card processing.
- Created and delivered training on all new policies and procedures in employee relations, recruiting, immigration and other Human Resource related programs.
Employment Group Leader October 2000 – March 2001
- Created engineering CO-OP and internships programs.
- Developed unique recruiting strategies targeting competitors in a niche market during an employee driven market, examples of niche include embedded software and 3G technologies.
- Responsible for all staffing activities including; sourcing, screening, applicant management, background check, drug screens and in processing.
Technical Recruiter April 1999 – September 2000
- Led all recruiting activities for company as we grew from an 88 employee R&D Center to 400+ employees in Atlanta and Calgary, Alberta Canada.
- Responsible for full life cycle corporate recruiting for all core areas of the organization.
- Co-developed company website, www.panasonic-wireless.com with a key member of the Human Factors function in an effort to attract technical talent.
- Established College Recruiting Program, focusing on engineering talent for a niche area of software and hardware.
Jun 1996 - Apr 1999
- Finished #3 (of 15) when graduating from AIM University new hire training program.
- Interviewed candidates, conducted cold calls, pre-screened all candidates and checked references in an independent setting with minimal supervision.
- Assisted in opening a new office in Birmingham, AL and trained new recruiter’s on companies process, procedures and methodologies.
- Consultant to clients and candidates regarding career / company goals, salary expectations, relocation issues and job responsibilities.
- Recruited on a national basis for all levels of talent (junior engineer to executive management) talent.