The White House - Office of Management and Budget
- Advise senior officials on policy issues and provide oversight for the Department of Energy (DOE) Loan Programs Office (Title 17 and Advanced Vehicle Technology Manufacturing Loan Program)
- Coordinate and advise on the formulation and execution of the President’s Budget for portfolio programs: review budget documents and congressional justifications, brief senior staff including the Director of OMB
- Analyze and coordinate review of new loan origination for consistency with administration guidance, including policy, loan terms, and loan cost estimates - reviewed $1.8 billion in loans for the Vogtle Nuclear Power Facility and $258 million for Alcoa, Inc.
- Oversee DOE portfolio management of over $30 billion in loans, including solar, wind, geothermal, nuclear, and automotive; approve annual cost estimate updates and analyze loan actions for budgetary impact
- Review congressional testimony, questions for the record, proposed legislation, statements of administration policy, and regulations to ensure consistency with administration policy