Director, Human Resources
Ingram Micro India Limited
Ingram Micro, Incorporated (IM) is the world's largest wholesale provider of technology products and services. With sales of $35 billion, IM is #67 on the Fortune 500. Ingram Micro India is the fastest growing subsidiary of IM contributing over $2 billion to the corporation per annum. Employees are located in over fifty locations across India, Singapore, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
Recognized by the coveted Presidents Roll of Service Excellence award for outstanding performance at the Ingram Micro leadership team level
- Responsible for establishing the Human Resources function in Ingram Micro India and successfully transitioning the department into a business critical function capable of handling an increase in revenue from $192 million to over $2 billion.
- Continuously improved employee engagement scores to levels above 90% in areas such as job satisfaction, pride in the organization, internal career advancement and overall manager effectiveness by driving progressive HR practices across the organization.
- Successfully planned and executed employer branding initiatives resulting in the company being listed recently in No:11 position in the Top 20 Best Employers by the Data Quest IDC Best Employer Survey 2009
- Led the HR aspect of the Tech Pacific acquisition including the design of organizational structures, compensation and benefit rationalization, and harmonization of culture, policies and the retention of key talent.
- Established a talent acquisition function currently capable of recruiting and orienting over 800 employees per year.
- Successfully led several Asia Pacific regional HR initiatives to include projects in HR information systems, internal branding, productivity benchmarking, employee engagement and corporate communications.
- Improved balance sheet metrics by designing and implementing sales commission plans and stand-alone incentive programs with strong linkage to business metrics. The process helped to improve business results by 15%.
- Introduced innovative initiatives like - "MORE", a robust associate referral program which helped to fill in 25-30% of the hires and also reduced TAT, First IMpressions survey which reduced new hire derailment by 40%.
- Launched the India Ethics Programs, transforming processes and practices into legally ethical and compliant ones. This transformation included resolving several cases of legal and ethical impropriety while driving migration to compliance-friendly systems through internal campaigns and focused training program