- Operating Systems: LINUX, Solaris, Windows, Mac OS
- Development Environments and Methodologies: ClearCase, Eclipse, Aptana, Visual Basic Studio, Extreme Programming (XP), Agile Development
- Databases and Enterprise Software: Oracle, PostegreSQL, MySQL, Salesforce AppExchange, SAP, webMethods
Software Developer / Technical Project Leader
VISION — EXECUTION — LEADERSHIP — RESULTS
Innovative technology leader who can translate ideas to action and results. Effective team participant/leader skilled in communicating technical concepts and gaining support for new ideas. Customer advocate recognized for commitment to usability and ability to develop new capabilities from existing technologies. Evangelist for Agile Development practices.Ardent believer in the power of technology to communicate ideas and advance human endeavors.
Feb 2005 - Mar 2008
- Doubled speed of product turnaround to customers while reducing engineering time.
- Led a cross-functional international team in developing the Internal Update Center (IUC), a service that gives access to all EDS products through a web interface to synchronized FTP collections distributed in 3 countries. Completed project on schedule and 5% under budget.
- Created automated processes that slashed development time for product updates by 65%.
- Designed new “best practice” testing methodologies that were adopted as the new global standard for online applications.
Jan 2004 - Feb 2005
Brought on board to strengthen base of technical skills for the company’s front-line customer contacts.
- Developed new training protocol that cut new-hire onboarding time from 3 weeks to 3 days.
Feb 2002 - Jan 2004
Elevated technology capabilities of fast-growing online educational company. Managed network design, telecommunications, and helpdesk service.
- Drove website redesign from vision through project leadership, creating an attractive, informative, and easily navigable site. Completed on budget in 3 months (vs. 6 projected).
- Reduced telecom costs 15% by establishing uniform nationwide standards and negotiating new contract at highly competitive rates.
Jun 2001 - Feb 2002
Handled all technical and organizational aspects of the company’s online presence. Also served as LAN administrator and technical support staff.
Aug 1997 - May 2001
- Website Usability for Programmers (University of Chicago)
- Leading Technical Teams (Chicago Chamber of Commerce Business Forum)
- ASP.NET, AJAX, Ruby on Rails, XHTML, Web 2.0 (National Association of Technology Professionals)