Hudson County Division of Cultural Affairs and Tourism Development
Jan 2015 - Present
Director of Tourism Marketing
Along with the Hudson County Director of Cultural Affairs and Tourism Development, plans and executes all Destination Marketing projects which aim to attract more visitors to the Hudson County area as well as promote all area attractions, hotels, events, and ways to get around.
- Makes decisions on budget spending for grant money and maintains all necessary records, spreadsheets, and files pertaining to expenditures
- Makes field visits and stays in close contact with destination partners including, but not limited to, hotels, attractions, cultural groups, Chambers of Commerce, and businesses in order to better understand programs that are promoted to area visitors
- Identifies new activities and events in Hudson County which are promoted through the website, VisitHudson.org, social media platforms, and printed marketing materials including brochures, rack cards and profile sheets.
- Attends national travel tradeshows and presents to potential buyers about the advantages of staying and spending time in Hudson County, assists with any booking inquiries, and addresses any concerns associated with booking and traveling to the area
- Implements all aspects of marketing and advertising programs designed to attract both the travel trade and consumers to Hudson County, exploring all forms of media including digital, print, TV, and radio options.
- Keeps up to date with all current travel, trade, marketing trends that may aid in attracting more visitors to Hudson County.
- Does necessary field work in the attraction and establishment of new major lodging units, hotels, attractions, and recreational areas.
- Writes majority of content for website, marketing materials, advertising, and grant applications as well as cultivates photographs, and other information which can be used for those purposes.