Vice President Chief Operating Officer
- Lead four-member team responsible for events, external affairs, communications, functioning of President's Office and activities associated with projects of special importance to the President and Board;
- Ensure that events are well planned and executed and act as a liaison between event staff and the President;
- Manage external relationships in the philanthropic sector and maintain a system of communication between the Foundation and industry partners.
- Oversee communications staff to increase understanding among stakeholders of the purpose and role of the Foundation - its mission, programs, issues and results;
- Provide leadership and oversight in writing and editing copy for multi-platform distribution for internal and external audiences;
- Manage external relationships with local, state and federal government partners, and oversee government affairs contractors;
- Oversee planning, implementation and evaluation of the annual Educational Tour of Grant Makers and develop organizational mechanisms to maintain ongoing external relationships with them;
- Oversee development and execution of an annual learning calendar for Board members, including skill building opportunities as well as site visits and learning trips;
- Work closely with the CEO to identify and support a variety of channels for Board member engagement.
- Provide staff for the Board Governance Committee and ad hoc committees of the Board.