2006 - 2010
Jul 2010 - Present
Senior Environment, Health and Safety Technician
- Performed routine radiation safety survey audits. Measured, analyzed and collected samples for counting with spectrometric instruments.
- Performed radiation safety survey measurements on X-ray producing machines.
- Developed and maintained timely records of radiation survey reports, radioactive material (RAM) inventory, spectrometric instrument calibration records, and radioactive waste records via log books, forms, and computers.
- Calibrated radiation detection equipment including Ludlum Geiger Counters.
- Prepared and cleared Ronald Regan UCLA Medical Center rooms used for Iodine-131 thyroid ablations.
- Conducted monthly unannounced Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) inspections.
- Collected and prepared radioactive waste for shipment and decay.
- Performed dosimetry tasks including the collection, tracking, and distribution of dosimeters.
- Worked with Professor Brad Hansen and Astronomy graduate student Ian Crossfield in the detection of extrasolar planets (planets outside the solar system).
- Spent 3 nights on Mount Hamilton, San Jose at Lick Observatory operating the 3-meter Shane Reflector and 1-meter Nickel Reflector Telescopes at Lick Observatory.
- Experience in reduction of stellar images using IDL software, CCD detectors, and telescopes.
Hobbies: Dance, rock climbing, barbering, running, hiking, camping, traveling