Director - Enterprise Solutions
Voyages Indigenous Tourism Asutralia
- Executive role, responsible for developing and implementing a strategic enterprise applications roadmap, leading a series of improvement projects to ensure the effective provision of BI (business intelligence) to the business and a best-in-class solutions environment;
- Partner with the leadership team to deliver strategic objectives, providing financial modelling and BI/analytics support to shape a $65M refinancing deal and a multi-year CAPEX proposals;
- Provide leadership and direction to a multi-disciplinary team in the build and management of cost-effective and secure application solutions supporting over 1400 users company-wide;
- Collaborate with Enterprise IT (Infrastructure & Service Delivery) to ensure adequate support for business applications, guaranteeing negligible downtime and maximum service for users;
- Lead the design and implementation of training programs to build user capabilities across the organisation, ensuring maximum utilisation and ROI from business solutions;
- Support business forecasting cycles as a member of the leadership team, utilising business analytics tools and advanced statistics to develop accurate financial models.
Key projects & Achievements
- Initiated and delivered a series of IT solutions and business improvement projects, increasing efficiencies and productivity by enhancing systems, reporting and BI/analytics capabilities;
- Led the integration of property management systems and data into a new BI (business intelligence) suite, completing Phase 1, automating reports saving 1.5 to 2 hours daily;
- Completed initial build of data warehouse (EDW) and OLAP cubes for data related to payroll, improving overall analysis of payroll information;
- Led debt restructuring negotiations following acquisition of Voyages, collaborating with Deloitte & KPMG to deliver financial models and a savings of $4.5M in interest charges;
- Integrated financial reporting structures, increasing efficiency and ensuring compliance with IFRS, Universal System of Accounts and government requirements;
- Implemented training programs for over 450 frontline staff to comply with new PCI-DSS standards for credit card transactions and CCTV systems;
- Led build of comprehensive budgeting suite and BI tool, delivering 100% mobile ready, market-leading solution within short timeframe.