VP for IS and CIO
Executive Team member for $170 million, multi-level, continuum of care provider of hospital and healthcare services including an 80 bed acute care hospital, ambulatory surgical and outpatient clinic services, primary care and behavioral health physician practices, 360 unit Continuing Care Retirement Community, two Assisted Living Facilities (184 units), two Skilled Nursing Facilities (533 beds), Independent Living, and the largest Home Health and Hospice agency in the state (10 branches statewide). Directly responsible for building and implementing an extensive statewide infrastructure of leading edge data and voice systems supporting more than 3000 workforce members.
- Developed groundbreaking data and voice technology infrastructure from scratch to improve company-wide efficiency, productivity and integration through an extensive period of growth, consolidation and modernization. Created industry-leading statewide support infrastructure and service department.
- Exceptional resource manager in key support organization. Kept projects, operations and support services within 2.0-2.5% of corporate-wide expense budget each year and maintained very high staff morale, productivity and client satisfaction while minimizing staff turnover to less than 4% annually for over 9 years.
- Expert in Privacy and Security technologies, systems, tools, regulations and compliance procedures.
- Expert in design, development and operation of Regional Health Information Organizations/Health Information Exchanges (RHIOs/HIEs) to share and exchange patient data between, hospitals, physicians and other healthcare organizations across a localized geographic area or state and federal-wide.
- National leader in development, implementation and use of emerging telehealth and “smart home” technologies to improve outcomes and quality of life of the elderly, increase clinical productivity, and assist patients and residents to age in place in their homes by reducing emergency room visits, hospital stays and admissions to long-term care nursing homes through proactive monitoring and intervention.