Director Quality Operations and Business Process Improvement
SBG Global- Management and consulting firm specializing in business process development, quality systems improvements and re-branding and re-imagining small businesses.
Mitigating business failure by providing solutions through Continuous Improvement initiatives and Business Process Management. Developed core set of products and services for small and medium size companies in the support of Planning, Operations, Quality, Lean Methodologies, Business Management Systems and Competitive Intelligence. Partner and Collaborate with business owners with product development, sales, commercialization, patent defense, marketing and supply chain strategies and helped business owners re-imagine their businesses as if they had no limitations. Helped business owners secure funding, establish business credit and manage their budgets in support of their marketing and business strategy.
SBG Client: Specialty Pharmacy Co.
Specialty Pharmacy in AZ implementing Lean Business strategy to promote excellence in Safety, Quality, Cost, Performance and Environment. Performed Business Process Analysis. Created Standard Operating Procedures and developed Regulatory Compliance Strategy.
- Performed 2 Kaizen Events resulting in 40% reduction in order processing time
- Reduced packaging errors by 50% and subsequent waist by 300%
- Trained employees in Lean, Six Sigma, Root Cause Analysis and other problem solving tools
- In accordance with DEA and Federal Guidelines developed the following
- Diversion procedures, Inventory control for Schedule I, II, III substances, Security protocols, Record keeping
SBG Client: Precision Machine Parts Company
Leading supplier of complex machine parts for the semiconductor, aerospace, medical device and defense industries, experienced a catastrophic lightning strike disabling 40% of manufacturing capacity.
Developed rapid changeover procedures, analyzed business processes and quality systems. Developed change control process. Hired and trained a continuous improvement manager, developed an atmosphere of operations excellence. Trained employees on Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Rapid changeover process restores 25% of production in under 2 weeks
- Increase overall manufacturing efficiency by 70%
- Identified and eliminated 3 redundant processes resulting 25% increase in employee utilization
- Developed Quality Management System and Training Compliance program
SBG Client: Interim CEO, Geno’s Foods
Food manufacturing company (pork, gourmet sauces, and blended ingredients) was inherited by client but company had not been viable for over 30 years. Client in urgent need of operations and supply chain strategy, marketing strategy, IP management, formula and ingredient optimization and a comprehensive business plan.
Developed relationship with 2 contract manufacturers based on supplier strategy which included ability to utilize international relationships for manufacturing in Asia. Optimized and streamlined formula based on regional preferences and availability of ingredients. Created a worldwide, multi-variable sourcing matrix based on formula utilization in the region. Developed Supplier Quality Agreements with contract manufactures to include critical to quality parameters and KPI’s.
- Reduced overall formula cost by 20%
- Increased ingredient sourcing efficiency by 300%
- Negotiated contracts with 2 major distributors representing over 120 grocery stores
- Shipped over $330,000 in product in the first 6 months
SBG Client: Domestic Brewery
With worldwide shortage of hops and an unsustainable contract manufacturing relationship, domestic brewery in NY was in need of supply chain and risk mitigation strategy and an alternative contract manufacturer for production and future growth.
- Developed contractual relationships with 3 hops suppliers to allow for seasonal buying and flexibility in case of increased demand
- Capitalizing on limited availability and limited variety of hops, researched, developed and commercialized an IPA beer within a 4 month window
- Developed primary and secondary contract manufacturing strategy to shore up short falls in supply as well as future increased capacity
- Negotiating agreement with a leading hops supplier in Germany to grow, cultivate and broker hops in the US