- Experienced tester in full product life cycle from requirement reviews to field deployments.
- Active Agile/SCRUM team member for adding new features to existing products.
- Highly motivated, creative, detail oriented team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills with extensive experience.
- Proficient in analyzing/resolving problems, coordinating work with local/remote teams, and optimizing tasks for efficiency.
2012 - 2015
Software Test Lead
Nokia's Networks business
- Team Lead of Development Integration and Validation Test team for LTE Small Cell product. Directed local and offshore test teams, and oversaw frequent meetings to track crucial/complicated testing areas.
- With hands-on experience, guided new team members on product knowledge, testing methodologies and processes.
- Primary contact for Aeroflex/Cobham TM500 User Equipment simulator equipment for development and test teams. Responsible for resolving issues, upgrading and creating scripts for testing.
- Reduced new PC hardware setup time by 92%, by learning, creating procedure and sharing solution with teams that used a host image on network server.
- Centralized logging server to store files, executes automated nightly clean-up activities and serve as a local software repository. Reducing software download time from software repository by 83% and creating a straightforward method to share logs files with development.
2011 - 2012
Trials & Pilots
Nokia's Networks business
- Deployed an industry leading LTE small cell network in a suburban downtown location.
- Validated wireless (WiFi) backhaul on small cell network between stationary nodes.
- Led and executed and mobile drive tests, verified users' transitions between LTE small cell and macro cell networks.
2010 - 2011
Software Engineer - LTE Performance
- Worked with developers and architects to create test scenarios identifying and isolating performance issues. Validated performance and capacity requirements with Linux based tools.
2005 - 2010
Software Engineer - Wireless Broadband
- Test Architect created test strategy, authored test cases, and coordinated execution of test cases among global teams. A principal member of feature teams, which involved in validating developers test code, cleaning up test scripts, and participating in architecture discussions.
- Led knowledge gathering from test perspective on a new platform and became the first point contact for many platforms related issues before contacting vendor support.
- Managed development lab, which included ordering, commissioning, troubleshooting, equipment replacement, and equipment transfers. Coordinated lab equipment usage plans and meetings. Reduced downtime for engineers by being the primary contact for lab issues. Created recovery system, where engineers were able to recover equipment without requiring a lab visit.
- Participated in Motorola Devices program (TryMeMoto) to test mobile phones before public release to find any defects/issues.
2001 - 2005
Development Test and Integration Engineer
- Key member of accelerated high priority test team, which required completing exhaustive performance and longevity tests, and then working with various development teams to resolve issues.
- Coordinated development test schedules including equipment and engineers based on testing deadlines.
- Collaborated testing efforts with downstream test teams, which included equipment sharing and combined test plans to achieve strict testing goals.
- Created a knowledge base for new products, and then trained parallel and downstream teams. Responsible for documenting/executing initial hardware setup, component software/firmware upgrades, and integrating with existing products.
- Improved efficiency on information model team by automating the generation of information model files for development builds.
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) - Mathematics and Computer Science
University of Illinois at Chicago