Assistant Examiner, Clerk, Technical Examiner
Swiss Federal Office for Intellectual Property
- Worked on the transmission of electric signals and electrical-mechanical synchronization of time.
- Published four groundbreaking papers on the photoelectric effect, Brownian motion, special relativity, and the mass-energy equivalence.
1933 - 1955
Faculty Member, Lecturer
Princeton Institute for Advanced Study
- Attempted unsuccessfully to develop a unified field theory, combining the four fundamental forces of nature - gravity, electromagnetism, strong nuclear force, and weak nuclear force.
- Advocated for world peace and the control and nuclear weapons.
PhD. in Physics
University of Zürich
- Collaborated with Alfred Kleiner on his thesis, entitled "A New Determination of Molecular Dimensions."
Physics Teaching Diploma
- Passed the physics teaching examination with exceptional grades in physics and mathematics.