The key responsibilities for this role are split into 3 areas;
Assistant Accountant - Responsible for the monthly preparation of accounts for both Jacks Group (Mitre 10 Mega Dunedin and Mosgiel Mitre 10) and Wanaka Mitre 10. Help other members of staff with queries or errors that impact on the accuracy of accounts. Once accounts are completed prepare report for Financial Controller and rest of Senior Management team on respective store performance and points of interest. This role at times also helped other entities associated with the Jacks Group and this included both property management (for both residential and commercial) and general accounting.
- Check and complete final coding of monthly bank rec before uploading into accounting system via csv file.
- Prepare and upload all other monthly journals
- Completion of monthly Workpapers and investigation of discrepancies and fixing of miscodings in accounts.
- Preparation of monthly performance report.
- Filing of respective stores GST Returns when due
Payroll - Responsible for importing time and attendance data into Payroll and then making any necessary adjustments before paying staff. Maintain leave entitlements and ensure all payroll related legislation is adhered to as well as filing all payroll data with IRD including Kiwisaver enrolments. Also provide info for staff and government agencies when required per official requests while maintaining strict confidentially.
- Oversee fortnightly time and attendance data transfer to Payroll for fortnightly payment of wages and make any necessary adjustment before payment is made.
- Maintain employee records and leave entitlements with a high level of accuracy and confidentially.
- File Employer Monthly Schedules, Employee Deductions (PAYE etc) and Kiwisaver with IRD and make necessary payments on time.
- Complete official information requests from WINZ, IRD, ACC and provide info for employees when necessary.
- Complete fortnightly wage reports for Management team.
- Tweak wage reporting when necessary to meet changes in business structure.
- Provide advice to Wanaka Mitre 10 and Jacks HR when necessary..
Accounts Zone Leader - Responsible for managing and mentoring a team of three who cover a range of administrative functions including accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash handling and discrepancy reporting, gift vouchers and vehicle maintenance. This role has seen up to 6 direct reports and also included stock integrity and administration junior at different times.
- Mentor team members and provide feedback and training including working with each team member on their individual performance development reviews.
- Technical expert on administrative functions noted above.
- Help customers with queries including lost dockets, missing or stolen gift vouchers and account transaction data.
- Help Checkout team with ordering system problems and other day to day issues.