Always looking for the next interesting thing here be it a writing contract or full time role, peruse, enjoy and contact me before too long. Hate you to miss out!
Twenty years experience in media sales and management with television and radio stations: combined with peripheral experience in the marketing and advertising arena, followed by over fifteen years in the Corporate Trading industry - encompassing fields such as media, goods & services, travel – and working with “Fortune 500” companies restoring their under-performing assets to full value has given a broad business background plus extensive knowledge of the financial impositions most companies inevitably face at some point.
The position in Corporate Trading provided me with the opportunity to dramatically hone my considerable skills in lateral thinking. I was responsible for restoring millions of dollars for large corporations through the many and varied methods employed in the field of Corporate Trading. Starting the last company scratch in the Australasian Region, building an office of 28 people in three countries with over $40,000,000 of turnover in that time was very satisfying. Additionally, my sales and marketing disciplines were instrumental in setting and achieving goals for myself and all past employers. Challenging sales & marketing roles seem to be a specialty.
I have a well-rounded background in sales and marketing: primarily in television and radio to national and international clients; along with the skills developed in corporate trading i.e. media space; hotel rooms and conferences; logistics; airline capacity, both passenger and freight; freight, including air and sea freight; couriers; printing; packaging and many other important aspects of the Goods & Service area. Combine with six months experience on the board of, as well as CEO, of an Australia Stock Exchange (ASX) listed company; you have an experienced and motivated individual, ready and able to take on a challenging new position anywhere worldwide.
- Inspirational Managing Director / General Manager / Sales Director with extensive experience of over twenty-five years with some of the world’s most respected companies. ASX director experienced.
- Having the ability to lead large or small teams and reporting and presenting to management and board level both domestically and internationally.
- Servicing and following up of key customers and a strong belief in keeping the customer satisfied.
- The ability to meet and deal with client management & prospects at all levels from a sales and marketing perspective and provide creative thinking on a wide range of sponsorship and promotional disciplines
- A demonstrable track record of successfully developing and implementing effective sales strategies in a wide range of business environments.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an accomplished negotiator.
- Proven business acumen and planning ability. Able to grasp complex issues, devise suitable strategies and implement effective management programs.
- Effective past member of various Chambers of Commerce and different committee memberships of them.