Jan 2008 - Present
Midwest Global Solutions
- Establish and certified manufacturing companies on sourcing components world-wide using lean manufacturing culture. I have improved the customer experience and quality of the products being supplied by reducing total cost and improve quality related issues.
- Areas of expertise: Product Design/Engineering, Quality Control (ISO and/or QS), In-process Factory inspection and Documentation, Freight Handling, Raw Material Sourcing, and Complete product assemblies.
Nov 2005 - Dec 2007
- Directed and coordinated operations within company policies and procedures assuring production goals are being met.
- Developed, coached, and motivated 50 plus production employees in a UAW environment maintaining a positive team atmosphere.
- Accountable for the product quality and operating cost within the standard operating procedures.
- Zero injuries or lost time from 2005 through 2007, a company safety audit record.
- Implemented OEE (Operating Equipment Efficiency) Reporting.
- Implemented Pace Boards on the product floor (Goal vs. actual output/hr).
- Daily multiple tasks included: Employee utilization, Material preparation, Quality, 5S, Safety, Training, Administering quality policies and procedures to manufacturing personnel.
- Conducted employee performance reviews.
Dec 2002 - Dec 2005
Bryan Die Cast Products
- Accountable for company’s P&L Statements.
- Assigned all jobs within the facility to meet customer’s requirements.
- Scheduled all out sourcing (Painting, Powder Coating, etc.)
- Qualified staff and production team members on acceptable quality levels per customer quality criteria.
- Developed and implemented a Preventive Maintenance (P.M.) Schedule on all production machinery reducing machine downtime by 85%.
- Managed a total of 7 hot chamber machines. Three (3) - 125 ton machines, two (2) - 60 ton machines, and two (2) - P35 (Pneumatic Machines)
May 1987 - Dec 2002
Vice President of Operations - Worldwide
Developed yearly Business Operating Plan and presented to the board of directors.
Started-up manufacturing facilities in Malaysia and Luxembourg.
Accountable for P&L Statement at both International facilities.
Responsible for operational issues world wide.
Created policies and procedures for both international facilities.
Qualified managers and production team members on acceptable quality standards.
Certified and interfaced with international suppliers and machine builders assuring quality standards are met.
Accountable for operations in the US facility. Managed (7) Direct Reports – (3) Production Supervisors, (1) Purchasing Manager, (1) Quality Manager, and (1) Plant Engineer and (1) Product Engineers.
Transferred all manufacturing into a new facility without interrupting customer demands.
99% reduction in average lead time on top 80% of customer base by implementing FIFO system on finished goods inventory.
Designed, implemented, and maintained ISO 9000 certification.
Directed the work of all production employees on multiple shifts within the production department utilizing three (3) production supervisors.
Interfaced with customers and sales force on new product design concepts, improvements, and problem solving.
May 1985 - May 1987
Assoc in Mech Design Engineering