Senior Assistance Manager ( Procurement Supervisor )
NTU Shared Services
Manage and supervise a team of Purchasing Executives process indirect purchase in P2P process.
Review and approve university Catalog, SAP & GEBIZ orders.
Lead process improvement initiatives.
Interface with clients university wide for their purchasing needs.
Interface with local support team to provide process updates.
Part of Project Team implementing P2P across the University. 2016 to 2017
o Lead UAT for Procurement to completion
o Report and follow up on issues
o Perform Demo on the new system to stakeholders
o Participate in engagement sessions with stakeholders
• Tasks include but not limited to:
o Review tender invitation documents and tender evaluation reports compiled by Purchasing Executives and check for completeness.
o Review the generation of Purchase Orders
o Review data entry for the publication and award of ITQ/ ITT on GeBIZ, creation of contracts, etc.
o Process ITQ and ITT publication and recommendation on GeBIZ
o Liaise with vendors and assist in seeking legal advice on vendor negotiations, post-award contracts management and other legal matters pertaining to individual purchases.
• Review vendor and contract database changes and other purchasing and procurement documents prepared by Purchasing Executives.
• Facilitate other procurement-related administrative activities. Tasks include but not limited to:
o Review processing of monthly GeBIZ charges and admin fee payments.
o Manage collection/ release of Security Deposits for tenders.
• Maintain NTU’s GeBIZ main and authorized representative trading partner accounts.
• Review specific procurement activities for NSS e.g. purchasing of NSS required goods and services
• Review open PO reports regularly
• Work with NSS IT Team, Centre for IT Services and Office of Finance to resolve P2P system errors/ downtime, if required.
• Review ad-hoc reports and management reports prepared by Purchasing Executives
• Ensure quality and accurate delivery of services within agreed KPIs and SLAs.
• Ensure adherence to guidelines and policies set by Office of Finance (FIN)
• Support periodic management reporting to track/ monitor historical purchasing activities for continuous improvement. Tasks include but not limited to:
o Review and analyse procurement data as required, e.g. preparation of key purchasing data together with the Strategic Sourcing Executive.
o Review management reports in purchasing system.
o Monitor procurement performance by liaising with relevant stakeholders to validate and understand historical purchasing data.
Relationship Management/ Customer Relations
• Cooperate and build positive relationships with peers and supervisors to ensure process efficiency and consistency.
• Provide advice on procurement and purchasing options, policies and processes. Recommend alternative approaches to meet Local Requestors’ needs.
• Support periodic management reporting and track/ monitor historical incident records for continuous improvement. Tasks include:
o Collate and analyse incident data as required, to identify competency gaps and training needs.
o Assist with the generation of periodic management reports to understand historical incident data.
o Constantly monitor service levels according to agreed KPIs and SLAs to ensure quality and accurate delivery of services.