I am a banking and finance professional with 11 years of experience that is focused on transactional banking, project management, product development, sales & distribution, marketing, change management and organisational development.
With an MBA from Sheffield University Management School, I have strengthened my skill-set, adding fundamental theories alongside new concepts into my knowledge-base. It has also provided me with advantages beyond the finance and banking arena and into the business world; allowing me to think broader, employ the right tool for spotting risks, identify gaps, take advantages out of existing and new opportunities, solve real-world problems industries are facing and create value-added solutions.
Jan 2010 - Sep 2011
DIRECTOR OF GOVERNMENT BANKING
Managed a group of relationship managers and team leaders serving institutional clients with an excess of SAR 21 billion in liabilities. Overcame several challenges in terms of restructuring the department and providing a higher exposure of products cross-sell. Enhanced key relationships with the top ministries and semi-government institutions through continues probing and business development techniques.
- Grown the Asset portfolio by 15% in 2010 due to new customer acquisition and cross-sell.
- Secured a payment distribution contract for the government's first unemployment program (Hafiz) in 2011.
- Shifted government clients from manual transactions to electronic channels, led to SAR6 million saving in operational costs.
Sep 2007 - Jan 2010
COUNTRY SALES HEAD - TRANSACTIONAL BANKING
Primary accountability for overall revenue budget achievement. Developing the Liability Portfolio through increasing and maximising cash flows and Deposits of corporate clients. Generate revenues through product suite sales working in conjunction with product partners i.e. trade, treasury etc.
- In 24 months, managed to grow the business by 133% .
- Overachieved liability target by 30% and fee target by 100%.
- Built a sales team consisting of Regional Heads, Product Managers and support officers.
Jan 2006 - Sep 2007
HEAD OF CASH MANAGEMENT & LIABILITIES
- Developed strategic initiatives and structured the business from start.
- Launched the corporate electronic platform in Saudi Arabia in coordination with our Head Office in Paris.
Jan 2005 - Jan 2006
HEAD OF OPERATIONS & CUSTOMER SERVICES
- Successfully managed to to launch branch operations in 3 months from scratch
- Developing new institutional multinational customer relationships.
Jan 2003 - Jan 2005
- Increased my portfolio by 35% within a period of 12 months.
Jan 2001 - Jan 2003
MIS, COMPLIANCE & IS OFFICER
- Successfully managed security standards transformation.
- Managed to reduce the number of non-compliant activities by 50% through training and increasing awareness.
Sep 2014 - Sep 2015
- A 14 module MBA program with electives in Risk Management and Corporate Finance.
- Dissertation in Behavioural Finance, titled "Are investors rational? And how behaviours are impacting financial decisions: A mixed method in Saudi Arabia".
Sep 2011 - May 2014
BA International Finance & Banking
cover key areas covered: • portfolio management • credit analysis • global investment banking • international financial markets • financial regulation • international derivatives and risk
- Focused on post financial crisis case studies
Sep 1999 - Jan 2001
Diploma - Banking Operations
- Accounting, Financial regulation, Trade products, Economics
2009 - 2011
LEAD, Leadership Effectiveness Accelerated Development
in partnership with Hewitt Associates
- Arabic (Native)
- English(Fluent - IELTS 7.5)