Al Akeem j. Sadler
- Columbia S.C
• Assign schedules and ensure that all schedules are followed
• Over see appliance and equipment repair and maintenance
• Manage cleaning activities inside buildings
• Oversee mopping and dusting activities
• Train new hires in managing vacuuming and shampooing activities
• Motivate employees constantly
• Manage complaints
checkouts; greet, assist, and thank customers in a prompt, courteous and friendly
immediately, within company guidelines while maintaining composure and
professionalism; appropriately escalate issues to management with a positive
guidelines, policies and procedures and management instruction.
and procedures in order to preserve and proactively support department service
levels and accountability.
-checkout lane is properly opened, appropriate reports are printed and cash
maintenance requirements are performed.
desktop or by contacting the retail service help desk as needed.
and to maintain the lowest supply cost.
department or associate.
and hazards to management.
• Deal with incoming stock deliveries during the night by assisting in unloading trucks
• Sort out received items and make piles according to types of materials
• Transport freight to the sales floors after sorting and ensuring that sufficient quantity has been delivered
• Ensure that any excess materials are placed in storage rooms
• Handle stock inventory and make sure that it is accurate by rechecking it
• Ensure that items are marked properly before they are sent to the sales floors
• Place price tags on items and ensure that barcodes are correctly placed
• Stock shelves with items by making sure that items are brought forward
• Clean and dust items and shelves
• Follow company rules and protocols governing top product placement activities
• Assist customers shopping during night hours by providing them with product information
• Accompany customers to required shelves and provide them with price and expiry information
• Ensure that no damaged or expired items are placed on shelves
• Gather shopping carts and baskets and ensure that they are in good working order
• Report any damages to shelves, carts or baskets to the supervisor on immediate basis.
* Regular attendance and punctuality
* Receive products using radio frequency scanners.
* Relocate products using forklifts, pallet jacks and walkie-riders
* Pick customer orders on all levels of a multi-level mezzanine
* Pack and ship customer orders* Troubleshoot problems to resolution
* Understand all aspects of production
* Adhere to strict safety, quality, and production standards
* Be willing to work on powered equipment (i.e forklift or cherry picker)
* Stand and/or walk during shifts between 8 and 12 hours long (flex and part-time shifts may vary)
* Lift and move up to 60 pounds
* Lift, bend, reach above the head, kneel, crouch, and/or stretch during shifts between 8 and 12 hours long (flex and part-time shifts may vary)
* Push and pull product up to 60 pounds during shift between 8 and 12 hours long (flex and part-time shifts may vary)
* Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
* Work on a secure mezzanine at a height of 30-40 feet (equivalent to a 3rd or 4th story building)
* Continuously climb and descend four stories of stairs safely Work Environment
* Work with and/or around moving mechanical parts
* Noise level varies and can be loud
* Temperature in the warehouse varies between 60 and 95 degrees, and will occasionally exceed 95 degrees
* Working nights, weekends, and/or holidays may be required
* Overtime is often required (sometimes on very short notice)
Working Toward an Associates Degree in business management.
Microsoft Office XP, Microsoft Office 2000, Microsoft Office 1997, MS Word, MS Access, MS Excel, MS FrontPage.