A seasoned, innovative Joomla web designer & developer, I have extensive experience in other Open Source CMS/e-commerce platforms, including Magento, Wordpress, Drupal, X-Cart, and CMS Made Simple. I provide UI engineering, web design, SEO, and strategic content management services across digital channels for clients world-wide. Current Joomla projects include clients from Scotland, Toronto (Canada), California, South Carolina and, of course, the Twin Cities (Minnesota).
- design/development of a Joomla CMS site with e-commerce for Salva Terra, a non-profit foundation that advances the work of John Philip Newell. Location: Iona, Scotland.- design/development of a Joomla site for Kathryn Johnson Interiors, an interior design studio whose work has been extensively featured across the country. Location: Minneapolis, MN.- design/development of a Joomla site with Ebay integration for ESS, a B2B corporation specializing in large manufacturing/industrial equipment auctions and shipping Location: Spartanburg, SC.
- E-commerce Joomla sites for the Paper Depot (Minneapolis) and Surface Treatment Technologies (South Carolina).
- Re-design and Joomla platform upgrade for Armanino McKenna, the largest accounting firm in California.
- Joomla Designs/builds for new clients in the Twin Cities (Minnesota), Toronto, Delaware, Maine and South Africa.
- Web site development in xhtml, xml and css: 5 years.
- Joomla/CMS Template design/development
- Graphic design in Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator: 4 years.
- Command-line programming: Unix, Linux: 3 years.
- Database management (mysql, sqlite): 3 years.
- CMS (Content Management Systems) including backend creation and management in Joomla, Wordpress, ModX, Phormer: 3 years.
- Design/development project workflow management in Adobe Creative Suite 3/4 (Illustrator, Photoshop, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Contribute): 3 years.
- Adobe Flash, Flex and Actionscript 3: 1.5 year.
- xml/kml programming (primarily for geomapping and data storage): 1 year.
- Ad server/site monetization: 1 year.
- Web site project resource analysis and allocation: 3 years.
- Human resource skills (management, training, organizational behavior): 10 years.
- Communications/public speaking: 15 years.
- Budget planning and documentation: 7 years.
- Curriculum development and learning technologies: 14 years.
- Creation/editing of search engine-optimized content: 3 years.
- Marketing analysis and strategic planning: 3 years.
- Technical writing and most business genres including press releases: 3 years.
- Hiking the Superior National Forest
- All kinds of music (medieval, celtic, jazz)
- Volunteering in Outreach program at St. Mark's Cathedral, Minneapolis
- Spending time with my three daughters and beautiful wife, Jessica
- Fluent in French, Italian and German.
Pro Bono Work
I recently designed and developed a website for the Groveland Food Shelf located at Plymouth Congregational Church. This was a fantastic opportunity to help - at least indirectly - a community of the needy and hungry in the Loring Park/Franklin Ave. neighborhoods. I have also volunteered my services to support groups for unemployed professionals who need a web site or help with creating online resume
With the addition of international clients (Canada, Scotland and South Africa), Concerto Designs continues to expand and diversify our Joomla development toolkit..
Employment history notes - Marzan Interactive
In April 2009, I accepted a position as Sr. Interactive Developer at Marzan Interactive. In the short time I was there, I have designed, developed and launched several brand new web sites. I completed a design (including an interactive prototype built in Fireworks) for an X-Cart site with a data bridge to the client's Microsoft Dynamics RMS system. Since my last three paychecks bounced, I was forced to seek gainful (i.e. paying) employ elsewhere.