Executive Council Representative, Morningside College Civic Union (2003-2007)
- This organization works to encourage civic engagement while at the same time promoting awareness of political and social issues; providing opportunities for students to become involved in local, state, and national communities; and providing students with a forum for social justice and political discussion.
- Participated in the Morningside Democracy Project by registering over 400 new voters on the Morningside College campus.
- Assisted with Satellite Voting held two weeks before Election Day.
Researcher/Presenter, Palmer Research Symposium, Sioux City, IA (Spring 2005-Spring 2007)
- "A New Type of Terrorist Reaction from Aum Shinrikyo to Al Qaeda." (senior thesis)
- "A Choice: Vote with your Feet or Stay Put."
- "Revisiting the Truman Presidency-Institutionalization and the Emergence of the Modern Presidency."
- "The Morningside Democracy Project."
- "The Party Press in America vs. Contemporary United States Press."