I have experience taking direction, working independently, with a team and in leadership roles. I have a basicunderstanding of Media Relations derived from collegiate studies, publication projects and creating internal publications. I have Marketing and PR knowledge gained from preparing and studying external press releases, communications and sales materials. Being recently laid off due to budget cuts, I am immediately available to begin a new career.
Mar 2009 - Aug 2010
U.S. Census Bureau
§ Handled and resolved complex employee payroll issues internally and externally to ensure all employees received their pay in a timely manner. Composed new employee packages for new hire training classes. Assisted in processing over 600 new employees' information in the Human Resources system under a 24 hour deadline in preparation for the 2010 Census, resulting in 95% overall input accuracy.
§ Input confidential applicant information into PeopleSoft processing system. Reviewed employees' records for accuracy and completeness of personal data. Reviewed and verified I-9 documents, utilized E-verify system when needed, processed personnel actions such as employee promotions, extensions and terminations. Trained new employees on HR processing system and all administrative functions.
§ Pre-screened and interviewed applicants over the telephone for possible employment. Fingerprinted new and potential employees using ink or electronic method and mail prints to Headquarters.
Aug 2008 - Dec 2008
Riverstone Residential Group
- § Gathered, extracted, reviewed, verified and consolidated a variety of narrative information and statistical data needed in the formulation and presentation of the leasing contracts.
- § Developed creative marketing strategies to generate qualified leasing traffic.
- § Greeted potential residents and gave tours of the property and apartment homes available for lease. Acted in a supervisory capacity as needed and on weekends.
Feb 2006 - Jul 2008
Customer Service Rep.
- § Answered customer account inquiries, resolved complaints and satisfied requests professionally, courteously and in a timely manner. Provided technical support as needed. Responsible for over 1 million dollars yearly in customer revenue.
- § Performed administrative duties including following up on customers' account changes and responding to customers' correspondence.
- § Acted in a supervisory capacity as needed. Assisted peers in resolving escalated customer complaints.
Nov 2004 - Mar 2005
- § Wrote and edited comprehensive reviews of shows and concerts from various musical genres.
- § Interviewed musicians and bands providing readers with an in-depth understanding of the artists. Uploaded digital pictures taken at concerts to be added onto the website with articles.
May 2004 - Sep 2004
- § Wrote and edited text for employee pamphlets and bulletins for the Human Capital Enterprise department.
- §Coordinated management workshops by scheduling conference space, coordinating hotel arrangements, consulting with caterers and requisitioning supplies. Created Excel spreadsheets to organize names and travel arrangements for conference participants.
- § Consulted with the Brand Equity and Design staff to create a department logo. Reviewed, screened, and logged incoming correspondence and routed documents to appropriate individuals to ensure adequate coordination and disposition.
May 2003 - Aug 2003
United States Postal Service Headquarters
- § Composed news stories under tight deadlines for the USPS online newsletter USPS NewsLink, which is distributed to over 700,000 employees nationwide.
- § Edited internal publications such as the Area Update and USPS News Talk.