1996 - Present
1988 - Present
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration
University of Wisconsin
2005 - Present
Carnegie Mellon Tepper School of Business
Leadership success in building/motivating matrix-managed teams to drive growth, market expansion, and profitability. Expertise in marketing, sales, operations analysis, project management, brand management, product management, pricing, and customer relations.
Proven strategist with track record of combining business, marketing, and sales acumen to deliver top line sales growth.
- Designed and implemented visionary promotional strategy contributing $740,000 incremental sales over 6-month period. Residual sales have exceeded $3m.
- Developed and managed inside sales team of 9 individuals with a sales base of $6.2 million.
Creative problem solver who develops strategies to quickly resolve profit-draining issues.
- Collaboratively designed global price realization, price performance index, cost-to-serve and conversion/penetration/retention methodologies and built sustainable measurement tools.
- Implemented literature printing strategy saving $100,000+ annually.
- Negotiated vendor contract saving $80,000 annually.
- Devised process to identify channel conflict in order to eliminate profit erosion.
Member of The Association for Manufacturing Technology Economics and Statistics Committee
Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint Word, Cognos BI, SAP R3, SAP BW, SAP BEX proficient.
1998 - Present
A Fortune 1000 global manufacturer and marketer of consumable metalworking tools. Recruited by VP of Marketing for Product Management organization. Participant in Leadership Development curriculum.
Director, Enterprise Business Intelligence, 2007 to Present
- Lead, develop, and implement global business unit strategic pricing and growth program strategies, objectives, policies, metrics and analytics to increase overall profitability and enhance customer satisfaction across all brands and channels
- Developed a shared service capability to supply consistent market intelligence (industry growth rates, economic data, trends and forecasting, voice of customer, competitive intelligence, and competitor analysis) as a means to improve the fidelity of the data and information, supply accurate information for strategic planning, and potential fillers for the front end of the M&A process.
Global Distribution Development Operations Manager, 2006 to 2007
- Managed the "post-sales" distribution development operations strategy while assisting in the development, management, and execution of Kennametal's Distribution Development global Brand Channel strategy.
Global Enterprise Business Intelligence Manager, 2003 to 2006
- Lead the initial implementation of global business intelligence system from inception, vendor evaluation and negotiation of $3m contract, design, development, test, through post implementation training and education.
- Global system deployed in 21 Countries, 9 languages, multitude of currencies, to 1300 users.
Global Database Marketing Manager, 2000 to 2003
- Expanded direct marketing responsibilities to include Europe.
Direct Marketing Manager, North America, 1998 to 2000
- Designed and executed strategic marketing plans and promotional activities to profitably increase sales by leading direct marketing department through accountability and ownership.
Product Marketing Analyst, 1997 to 1998
- Developed and recommended business strategies based on market, product, customer, and margin analysis.
- Established process and managed the product life cycle obsolescence for largest core product line.
1989 - 1997
GENERAL MOTORS CORPORATION
A Fortune 100 global manufacturer and marketer of automobiles. Promoted within 9 months. High-potential candidate.
Brand Management Analyst, Detroit, MI, 1996 to 1997
- Analyzed market segments, sales and pricing strategies, competitors, economic forecasts, and demographic trends to make business decisions to support the launch of new vehicle Brand.
Assistant Regional Sales Distribution Manager, Philadelphia, PA, 1995 to 1996
- Successfully managed sales district to attain distributor and district sales objectives.
Contract Administrator, Pittsburgh, PA, 1990 to 1995
- Responsible for ownership contract change proposals between candidate, selling dealer owner, and GM legal.
Executive Service Relations Analyst, Detroit, MI, 1989 to 1990
- Interacted with the top General Motors executives to manage their customer relation cases to increase brand loyalty and re-purchase intention.