Over 20 years of accounting experience, including several years of Federal experience to include financial reporting, financial statements, footnotes, extensive excel spreadsheets, internal audit, compliance, OMB Circulars (A-136,133, 130, 123), General Ledger, SOX 404/302, knowledge of GAAP, risk analysis, internal controls and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
U. S. Department Of Treasury, Washington DC June 2008- Nov. 2008
- Over 8 years of Federal experience to include compliance, OMB Circulars (A-136,133 & 123) and General Ledger.
- OMB audit Guidance, federal financial statement preparation and notes.
- FASAB standards, risk analysis and reporting.
- SOX compliance sections 404, 302.
- Responsible for budgets from 12 million and 750 million.
- Assisting in the preparation and reviewing of the Office of Internal Control portion of the Performance and Accountability Report in accordance with OMB Circular A-136.
- Preparing various financial management policies and standards in accordance with FASAB and OMB guidance.
- Preparing financial statement footnotes, schedules and fluctuation analysis of financial information.
- Assigned various projects and managed all project financial and procurement activities.
- Ensured compliance according to OMB Circular A-123 & 136 with regulatory guidelines such as SOx, OSHA, EH&S, relating to various federal grants.
- Knowledge of GAAP, auditing standards, gap analysis, and internal controls.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and government contracting.
- Reviewing, preparing and evaluating intra-department and interagency elimination transaction documentation.