Graduation Fashion show 2014, 2015, 2016
As make-up artist i ensures that models, performers and presenters have suitable make-up and hairstyles before they appear in front of cameras or an audience.
- fashion shows;
- photographic shoots.
Typical work activities
Depending on the nature of the job, I work alone, as assistant to a more senior colleague or as part of a make-up design team.
Typical work activities include:
- Prepare the skin for make-up application and remove make-up as required for more than 30 models in short period of time.
- Alter or maintain makeup during productions as necessary to compensate for lighting changes or to achieve continuity of effect.
- Analyze a script, noting events that affect each character's appearance, so that plans can be made for each scene.
- Confer with stage or motion picture officials and performers in order to determine desired effects.
- Get Models ready as per per dressing and assigned effects.
- Apply a wide variety of professional make-up products
- Use make-up to produce effects such as aging, illness, scars and bruising.
- Advise hairdressers on the hairstyle required for character parts.
- Duplicate work precisely in order to replicate characters' appearances on a daily basis.
- Examine sketches, photographs, and plaster models in order to obtain desired character image depiction.
- Provide performers with makeup removal assistance after performances have been completed.
- Requisition or acquire needed materials for special effects like special cosmetics.
- Select desired makeup shades from stock, or mix oil, grease, and coloring in order to achieve specific color effects.
- Study production information, such as character descriptions, period settings, and situations in order to determine makeup requirements.
- Write makeup sheets and take photos in order to document specific looks and the products that were used to achieve the looks.
- Advise hairdressers on the hairstyles required for character parts.
- Create character drawings or models, based upon independent research, in order to augment period production files.
- Demonstrate products to clients, and provide instruction in makeup application.
- Establish budgets, and work within budgetary limits.
- Demonstrate cosmetic products to clients
- instruct clients about make-up application.