Network Security Architect/Security Analyst
Mar 2014 - Present
Performed Network & security engineering, design and implementation for multiple enterprise customers. Daily responsibilities included design, implementation, support and administration of multiple security products, supporting the installed product base, and internal engineering teams. Provide best practice security consulting for multiple compliance initiatives, with a focus on providing solid solutions. Create technical implementation plans, project plans, and worked closely with customers to provide the solutions that fulfill their needs. Provided direct support to the BSISP hardware, software, and infrastructure, and act as third tier support for ongoing customer issues.
- Implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information.
- Identify and define system security requirements.
- Design systems and Networks security architecture and develop detailed security designs.
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols.
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices.
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Ensure that the company knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security incidents.
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement.
- Plan, implement and upgrade security measures and controls.
- Establish plans and protocols to protect digital files and information systems against unauthorized access, modification and/or destruction.
- Maintain data and monitor security access.
- Perform vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments.
- Conduct internal and external security audits.
- Anticipate security alerts, incidents and disasters and reduce their likelihood.
- Manage network, intrusion detection and prevention systems.
- Analyze security breaches to determine their root cause.
- Recommend and install appropriate tools and countermeasures.
- Define, implement and maintain corporate security policies.
- Train fellow employees in security awareness and procedures.
- Coordinate security plans with outside vendors.
- Take lead architecture role in dealing with clients, program managers and IT team
- Translate business requirements into detailed architectures and designs.
- Document all technical requirements and design technical solutions utilising enterprise architecture standards including documenting all solution components and configurations.
- Develop solution cost structure by identifying all cost points.
Enterprise Network Engineer/Architect
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning.
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
Network Operation Engineer
- Ensure stable and reliable ISP network services (e.g. access products, service networks and core network).
- products, service networks and core network).
- Day-to-day network performance monitoring.
- Network troubleshooting and fault analysis; hardware troubleshooting and repair.
- Trouble ticket generation and response; carrier interface and escalations.
- Deployment and maintenance of network monitoring, analysis and reporting tools.
- Application of configuration changes via our change control systems and processes.
- Installation of network hardware and software.
- Participate in a 24x7 call-out rota.