A qualified Air Traffic Controller and a recognised Management post-holder by the UK CAA, he has held a variety of commercial aviation roles ranging from operational management in the airline environment through to commercial roles in aircraft brokerage and consultancy projects. His specialisation is the acquisition and management of aviation assets for ultra high net worth individuals. He holds a Masters degree in Air Transport Management from City University, London. He is a member of the Royal Aeronautical Society and has sat on the CAA Commercial Air Transport Consultative Committee
Associate member of the Business Continuity Institute, 2003
Member of the Royal Aeronautical Society (MRAeS), 2001
DTI certified Threat assessor, 1999.
Instructional technique course, Royal Navy School of Education and Training Technology, 1997
Various professional courses undertaken at RAF Shawbury, Joint Services Air Traffic Control School, 1988 - 1995
Professional Military training 1987
MSc Air Transport Management, City University, London, 2001
Distinction, City and Guilds 7280 Advanced Aviation Operations and Flight dispatch
A keen interest in technology and a wide variety of sports including rugby and motor sport
- To GCE O level standard in English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Literature,
- Good Knowledge of MS Office including advanced PowerPoint presentations
Royal Naval Air Station Yeovilton & Portland
1988 to 1990 & 1992 to 1994, Air Traffic Control / Airfield Controller
815 Squadron, Royal Navy
1990 to 1992 & 1994 to 1997, Aircraft Traffic Controller
Aug 2008 - Present
Thistle Asset Management
- Evaluating strategic aviation investment projects for a specialist infrastructure investment fund.
- Developing business plans and conducted due diligence on potential investment projects notably a major UK airport and a significant hangar development at another leading UK private airport.
- Presentations to leading international investment organisations
2003 - Aug 2008
General Manager / Operations Director
International JetClub Limited / Aravco Limited
- General Manager and Operations Director of a specialist long-range private aircraft operator accountable for the operational and financial control of the business and the management of approximately 100 personnel with 15 long range business aircraft in the fleet
- Management of client relationships including the introduction of new clients to the business
- Responsible for acquisitions of new aircraft from initial negotiations to delivery to the client
- Maintain and manage worldwide supplier relationships to ensure our clients always received superior customer service
- Deputy Accountable Manager Aravco Limited, start-up AOC long-range aircraft operation
- Part of the development team for the Aravco Business plan following acquisition leading to the issue of a full worldwide AOC
- Developed incidental charter revenue stream to the value of approximately £1.5 million per year
2003 - 2004
Capaz Business Survival
- Consultancy specialising in business continuity and operational risk management
- Design, preparation and implementation of employee training and awareness programmes
- Specialist business continuity management consultancy specifically aimed at the SME market
- Promoting awareness and raising the profile of Business Continuity within the SME sector
2002 - 2003
Commercial Passenger Broker
Air Charter Service Ltd
- Approached by a leading freight brokerage to help establish their new passenger division, achieving US$ 650,000 in the first six months of operation
- Preparation and presentation of client proposals to board level audiences
- Development and implementation of marketing strategies designed to identify and deliver new corporate accounts to the business
- Negotiation and management of aircraft charter/lease contracts
2001 - 2002
Business Development Manager
Aircraft Chartering Services Ltd
- Specific responsibility for business development and marketing activities including the development of total service policies designed to build lasting business relationships with clients; this included identifying, targeting, and delivering new clients to the business.
- Maintaining strong working relationships with customers and suppliers, promoting improved performance and growth by delivering constant customer satisfaction
- Negotiation and management of aircraft charter contracts on behalf of a broad-based International client list, involving both passenger and freight operations, from VIP and corporate operations to large-scale Leisure travel organisations.
- Project manager responsible for the development, launch and associated marketing activities surrounding the launch of the company website.
1998 - 2001
British Mediterranean Airways, a franchise partner of British Airways
- Responsible to the Operations post-holder for preserving the operational integrity of a scheduled International Airline ensuring that all operations are conducted in a safe and expeditious manner.
- Design and production of standard operating procedures for ground operations personnel
- Responsible for the training of operations staff in accordance with the requirements of Joint Aviation Regulations
- Management and leadership of all on-shift operational personnel
1997 - 1998
Aircraft Control Course Manager and Principal Instructor/Lecturer
NATO School of Maritime Operations, HMS Dryad
- Lecturer to senior NATO officials on maritime aviation doctrine and strategy.
- Course Manager responsible for the professional guidance and welfare of military students undertaking the Aircraft Controllers qualifying course
- Classroom and simulator training for students undertaking the Aircraft Controllers qualifying course and other military career courses in aviation related issues
- Project manager responsible for the development of the training and operations manuals associated with aircraft operations in the Type 23 Frigate