Senior Early Kick Detection Engineer " EKDS " / Well site Geologist
- Responsible for monitoring real-time data.
- Accountable for the early detection of possible well control situations (Early Kick Detection) using real-time data.
- Ensure continuous delivery of real-time data in accordance with established service agreements.
- analyzing, evaluating and describing formations while drilling, using cuttings, gas, FEMWD (formation evaluation measurement while drilling) and wire line data.
- keep detailed records, writing reports, completing daily, weekly and post-well reporting logs and sending these to appropriate departments.
- responsible for liaising with mud loggers and drilling engineers to ensure the drilling goes off without a hitch, as well as making sure that it follows the correct health and safety procedures.