Responsible for CryENGINE 3 based simulation system engine improvements. Lead role for project software planning on the UAE ITS contract. Roles involved requirements capture, risk analysis, risk mitigation, Microsoft Project based software work plans, proposal, Tiger team reviews, and Initiating Software development team. This is the largest multi-year Defense contract undertaken by CUBIC.
Initiation of JIRA for Agile SCRUM efforts, sprint backlog tracking, and progress reporting for the UAE and CombatREDI projects.
Combat REDI (man wearable suit) software and technology solution architect. Analyzed existing design issues. Revised design to reduce complexity, components, and cost using COTS components and Architectural patterns.
Combat REDI (man wearable suit) software and technology solution architect. Analyzed existing design issues. Revised design to reduce complexity, components, and cost using COTS components and Architectural patterns. Successes in simplification of system integration:
- Creation of a C++ Virtual USB device driver abstraction that allows system to be visual system agnostic and easy integration with any runtime platform.
- Identified and prototyped solution with capability enhancing gyroscope and accelerometer motion sensors while reducing number of sensors required by system.
- Simplified sensor detection using logical and algorithmic auto detection and auto- system pairing.
- Revised wireless configuration using low power Bluetooth 4 dual mode chips acting as sensor devices and isolation-bridge to system network. This also reduced wireless interference and extended operation range with significant reduction in components, system cost / complexity.
- Identified low cost wireless HD video streaming solution for head mounted display system.
- Proposed future generation system solutions.