Mawared United Investment Co.(Associate for Nafais Holding Company-“ Al Wazzan Group)
Company Profile: The Company was established in Kuwait on 11/11/2006 as a Kuwaiti Closed Shareholding Company working in compliance with the Islamic principles of sharia, with the capital of KD16,995,000. Mawared is acting in all investment operations in all economic sectors through sharing or buying the specialized companies in various sectors, managing clients’ portfolios in various economic sectors and offering and preparing technical evaluating, economic studies, studying projects related to investment and preparing the necessary studies for these companies.
- Reporting directly to CEO.
- Substance of my duties was as deputy (assistant) for CEO.
- As company is under the supervision of Capital Market Authority (CMA) and Central Bank of Kuwait (CBK) and there was some compulsory jobs should be registered with CMA, I have been registered as Internal Audit Manager.
- Handling the board secretary duties for the Board of Directors (BOD) meetings and all other committees required by CMA and CBK.
- Handling and discuss all legal issues with legal advisory.
- Develops and maintains financial control systems in order to present timely and accurate financial information including financial statements for management decision making.
- Reviewing annual budgets in close coordination with CEO and other dep. heads to form a part of the overall company’s business plan.
- Direct and coordinate training that address personal and organizational needs of the company staff.
- Follow up and review the day-to-day transactions and work of the various departments.
- Ensure complete adherence to corporate governance rules and regulations.
- Review human resource policies and procedures, recommend changes and monitor compliance.
- Oversee payroll and leave administration procedures.
- Supervise the preparation of end of service calculations and annual leave deductions.
- Review the monthly payroll
- Ensure that adequate systems and procedures are in place for complying with the CMA, CBK and other regulatory requirements.
- Ensure copies of the regulatory circulars and correspondences are circulated through internal memos to the concerned departmental heads.
- Handling and supervises the internal audit function with outsourced agency (ex; conducts the opening meeting with the department heads for commencement of audit work, reviews the draft audit reports prior to be issued to the audit committee) and assist in resolving issues with department heads that may arise from time to time.
- Recommend risk management strategies to the senior management.
- Investigate any non compliance of regulatory requirement by the concerned departments and recommend for appropriate action;
- Perform any other tasks which may be assigned by the management from time to time.