Application Development Section Head
SAK Holding Group (Qatar)
- Transforming the company's physical infrastructure into virtual via Microsoft Hyper V.
- Implementing a new domain controller, installing and administering active directory, DNS, DHCP, while scaling the departments' OU architecture.
- Implementing and administering apache/nginx hosting, emails and ticketing system.
- Administering Microsoft Exchange 365 emails.
- Administering Microsoft Dynamics Ax 2012 R3 AOS application, database and IIS servers.
- Setting firewall rules and policies, backups, firmware upgrades, integration and VPN.
ERP Project Management:
- Conducting functional analysis sessions to gather the company department requirements with regards to HR, supply chain, finance and technical office.
- Analyzing and designing workflows by issuing meetings with each department's decision makers.
- Technical administration concerning the application's virtual machines, SAN storage implementation, LUN distribution, backups and redundancies.
- Application & Website Management:
- Managing Microsoft Dynamics implementation, collaborating with developers to deliver the required development needed.
- Developing the company's intranet website, as well as transforming it into a mobile application that consolidates all the company's digital services in one place.
- Renovating and creating corporate websites.
- Cost Saving & Budgeting:
- Migrating webmail emails from a dedicated host to another saving 30% of the annual email costs and 60% in the first 3 years while maintaining the performance.
- Implementing Canon MPS Uniflow, controlling the printing costs and decreasing the allocated budget for printing and cartridges by 40%.
- Contracting with a new firewall vendor saving 60% of the renewal costs, while maintaining the network environment.
- Training & Development:
- Conducting general IT training sessions to the infrastructure and the software teams.
- Tailoring the career paths for each engineer based on interest, background and passion.
- Continuous knowledge transfer through documentations and task rotation.