IT Service Desk Analyst
Working as an IT Service Desk Analyst outsource to Ministry of Climate Change and Environment (MOCCAE), Dubai since April 2013.
- Manage the entire IT Service Desk function supporting 700 users for all desktop support issues.
- Provide Single Point of Contact (SPOC) and first-level support to business users and restore the service to normal working operation as quickly as possible to minimize the adverse impact to business operation and thus maintain the agreed targets as defined in the SLA.
- Maintain Incidents and Service request records in the Service Management tool (BMC).
- Designs, maintains and support the BMC Footprints application environment.
- Where necessary, escalation of Incidents and Service Request to appropriate supporting groups (Operation and e-Services Units).
- Liaising between IT team and ensure effective and efficient handling incidents and service requests.
- Follow up with all open records and monitor service level targets threatened or near miss.
- Producing appropriate Service Reports to measure KPI’s relevant to Service Desk, and manage the Incident Request Management that align with ISO20000
- Experience in both standards ISO20000and ISO27001.
- Improve Knowledge Management through assisting in creating knowledge articles for users to improve self-service facilities.
- Assist in maintaining the continual improvements within IT.
- Maintain the Knowledge base and ensure appropriate solutions are recorded in the system.
- Notify Problem Managers on repeating incidents and support users in the workarounds for Known Errors as instructed by Problem Managers.
- Assist in updating the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and notify Configuration Manager if wrong information is detected.
- Using remote connectivity tools (LANDesk, Remote Desktop Connection (RDC), and Microsoft Lync).
- Deploying and modifying LANDesk agent on MOCCAE staff computer.
- Generating monthly reports of MOCCAE PCs by using LANDesk tool (software license list, etc.)
- Generating reports of MOCCAE Users by using Manage Engine AD Manager plus (Disabled Users list, Locked out Users list, etc.)
- Applied power policy on the MOCCAE PCs by using LANDesk tool.
- Mange all the shared printers by using HP Jet Admin.