Manager, Marketing and Communications
Managed marketing and editorial for diverse projects, including email marketing, web content and a quarterly magazine.
- Increased average number of subscribers and renewals by more than 700% by helping plan and implement a magazine re-launch campaign.
- Corrected errors and maintained the professional reputation of the organization by editing organizational communications, including email campaigns, web copy, brochures and collateral, social media posts, video scripts and StrokeSmart magazine.
- Gained more than 1,000 responses to a survey in one day by writing an email campaign.
- Met the requirements of a grant submission by reducing a five-page document to four pages through careful editing and tightening of language, while preserving content and meaning.
- Saved a co-worker hours of work and improved web copy by correcting errors and making edits directly in the content management system.
- Lowered the organization's liability risk by suggesting and developing a formal set of rules for a giveaway.
- Reduced the length of a weekly meeting by 66 percent by keeping participants on track, while accomplishing all goals.
- Preserved brand consistency by building, maintaining and following the organization's in-house style guide.
- Ensured a stream of fresh web content by planning content, researching, interviewing, writing, editing and posting stories and images.
- Ensured project spending was on track and under budget by preparing a project budget and matching expenses with funds from multiple departments.
- Helped develop strategic marketing plans for programs by brainstorming and planning with teammates.
- Saved time and improved web copy by correcting errors and making edits directly in the content management system (CMS).
- Guided print projects to successful completion by providing direction and input at all stages.
- Increased exposure for the organization by handling a media request and guiding the CEO through a successful reporter interview.
- Built mutually beneficial relationships with vendors by giving fair bidding opportunities and honest feedback.